BRUCE ANSTEY
STEVEVTR Offline

Threads: 5
BRUCE ANSTEY
Bruce to race an RCV213 for Padgetts, should be interesting.
25-05-2016, 08:20 AM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
RE: BRUCE ANSTEY
Is that a full blown job or the road version?
25-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
It's the road version if a £140k bike can be called that, Clive has had some TT racing specific parts made for the bike, i'm looking forward to hearing a big cc V4 made for purpose bike again, it's a brave and expensive move with a TT course untested bike - I have a lot of time for that kind of approach to the cause.
25-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Find Reply
Kojay Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Can't wait to hear that machine "sing" on it's way round the rock
25-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Find Reply
Racing Dave Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Bruce and Clive make a formidable team, and both are clear in their thinking.

My hope is that they'll not only get a win (one will do!) but that it's louder than the Norton on the way to that victory.

From Kiwis everywhere - Go Bruce!
25-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Find Reply
oil-cooled Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Hats off to Clive for the forward thinking and big commitment cant wait.
25-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Looks like it's revving up to be a cracking TT hats off to Clive and his team they always turn out top class machines for there riders can 't wait to hear it!
25-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Find Reply
L1v32R1d3 Offline

Threads: 4
Let's just hope it's as reliable as the Padgett's bikes are known to be. I'd love to see Bruce win another. Such a top guy.
26-05-2016, 06:36 AM
Find Reply
tigerted Offline

Threads: 6
Another Bruce fan here and hopefully he will get a win and so will John M. If only there were more first places given how many riders I support.
Question for the aficionados could Bruce's bike be too brutal for the course.
I have been meaning to add this for ages and it's thank you Malcolm for continuing this Forum as I know at times you fancy faced a few difficulties.
27-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Find Reply
L1v32R1d3 Offline

I guess we will find out in a bit if his bike is too brutal for the course. I'm guessing no. If Hillier went around on the HR2 without a problem, there's no reason Bruce Almighty can't do the same on the new scoot. I honestly hope he blows the competition away!
27-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

V4 power is usually a more progressive delivery than a peaky in-line 4 although cross plane crank in-line 4's will give a less harsh power delivery, the Honda isn't short of bhp to start with and should be a proper tool for getting on the gas early and smoothly to get that crucial exit speed onto the high speed runs, the only thing I'd add from my spannering / riding experience is that a bike new to the circuit may have a whole load of testing behind it but nothing at all can replicate the absolute beasting the whole machine will get while out on the TT Course, Clive and Bruce have so much riding / preparation experience between themselves though so I'm sure it will be a very well thought out racing experience for all of us.
27-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Find Reply
tigerted Offline

Threads: 6
(27-05-2016, 08:03 PM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: V4 power is usually a more progressive delivery than a peaky in-line 4 although cross plane crank in-line 4's  will give a less harsh power delivery, the Honda isn't short of bhp to start with and should be a proper tool for getting on the gas early and smoothly to get that crucial exit speed onto the high speed runs, the only thing I'd add from my spannering / riding experience is that a bike new to the circuit may have a whole load of testing behind it but nothing at all can replicate the absolute beasting the whole machine will get while out on the TT Course, Clive and Bruce have so much riding / preparation experience between themselves though so I'm sure it will be a very well thought out racing experience for all of us.

Alfie interesting you mention you have done a bit of spannering as yesterday I met a fella who supposedly as raced the TT, he seemed genuine enough, and he was telling me how crucial getting the bike set up is for the rider. So given that would you say that plays as big a part as having a powerful engine.
27-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Find Reply
L1v32R1d3 Offline

Like I said, I'm sure it will be quite a task getting the whole bike dialed in for the TT course. If they can manage to do that, they'll get on pretty wel, I'm sure. Let's just hope for a safe TT fortnight.
28-05-2016, 06:39 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
no better team than padgetts for doing there home work
they know what there up against and im sure they have the right parts/tools in the box to have this close out of the box
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
28-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

(27-05-2016, 09:39 PM)tigerted Wrote: Alfie interesting you mention you have done a bit of spannering as yesterday I met a fella who supposedly as raced the TT, he seemed genuine enough, and he was telling me how crucial getting the bike set up is for the rider. So given that would you say that plays as big a part as having a powerful engine.

Without a doubt Tigerted, having trust in how the bike responds to the rider's input I would say is more important than absolute horsepower, a lot of bhp will get you to a certain level/speed but only a machine that you can trust in that last few inches of road will take you further. Bruce knows exactly where he's going on a lap but as yet the bike doesn't and it will respond differently in the same place on the road the faster he goes, using more speed, lean angle and throttle etc than the lap before for any rider will always result in a different machine response and the amount of road used in doing so, one of the most important things on high speed road courses is getting the bike to change direction with precision at high speed over ripples, bumps etc, the big gyroscopic effects and big rider input(standing on the pegs/pushing and pulling hard on the bars) involved are something that you only get to practice on the course once a lap, there isn't any simulation or test track for this but Padgetts/Bruce's previous experience/knowledge is a very good starting point, another example is JMcG, i've seen his Honda is up to 10mph down on the BMW's / Kawasaki's past the pits but he looks ever so comfortable in racing terms elsewhere you see him on the course and the lap speed is the product of this. Clive and Bruce look like a perfect package with the riders feedback and team support/knowledge, they also get on together on a personal level too which is a definite bonus.
28-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

I'm a big Bruce fan as well top guy and amazing rider, coupled with Clive's preparation experience and the knowledge these two have at the TT I think by the end of practice week they'll have something fantastic to go racing on, Bruce could ride a wild tiger and put in a jaw dropping time. It was great to see Bruce get his big bike win last year and then hear the big and beautiful YZR two smoker in the classic. The Padgetts team are pushing the boundaries by bringing us these different bikes to see race which adds something different to the mix.
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2016, 10:36 AM by Superbike.)
29-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Find Reply
L1v32R1d3 Offline

I agree. There's probably no better team than Bruce and Clive. I'm sure they'll get everything sorted out by Saturday when races start. I'm looking forward to getting there and seeing the bike in person!
29-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

192 through the trap of truth .. she's not short of speed/poke. Sounds the dogs danglies leaving the pits
30-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

127mph lap as well very impressed since it's the first time it's been ridden.
30-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Find Reply