Is it time to start talking about Hutchy as one of the greatest of all time?
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Is it time to start talking about Hutchy as one of the greatest of all time?
Haha, love it..

Hutchy threw the biggest hissy since a certain GM made a fool of himself on the rostrum a few years back.
14-06-2016, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
Doc Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Is it time to start talking about Hutchy as one of the greatest of all time?
(14-06-2016, 12:52 PM)KypDurron Wrote: What's this BSN news?

Yes - Rick is right.

bikesportnews.com is a brilliant website. I use the app as well - all free and very well put together. It used to be a paper many years ago then disappeared, reappeared and has now gone online completely.

As an aside, I also saw on Twitter that Hutchy has apologised to MD. Fair play to him on that score.
14-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
He is in the mix as a top TT rider and probley a great TT rider we will see as time goes on calling the greatest TT rider at this point in time I think is a bit early.
15-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
Tell who else at 27 had 13 TT wins or for that matter what rider was near that total at 27?

It appears people all of a sudden have Hutchy fever but after his antics of last week he`s done himself no favours and leaves a lot to be desired.
Obviously that's my opinion.
15-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 8
I think he should be counted as one of the greatest. With that number of wins, in an era when the TT is seeing a resurgence and with a 5 and the triples then he has earned that status.

What happened at the press conference, and indeed the debate over him ignoring yellow flags a few years back, shows the almost inevitable flip side of the character of a man who has had the strength and determination to come back from such terrible injuries.

I look forward to seeing him action again next year. I would, however, remove the microphone and social media from his grasp. Same goes for many of today's sports stars. I'm only really interested in his on track persona.
15-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
Hutchy's on track success speaks for it's self, and he'd possibly would have had another few wins if he'd have not been so badly injured. I do agree his antics off track are plain stupidity at times but I think there's a lot more pressure on the modern day sports folk, everyone has a high powered recoding device quick to hand in the form of a smart phones so it's a job for them to get a moment without a camera in there face, but at a press conference you know the worlds eyes are on you, but is Hutchy one of the greatest of all times?well his wins seem to point out that he is.
15-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Michael Dunlop at 27 has 13 TT wins what other rider was near that total at 27? and in most cases with far stiffer

opposition that in times gone by.

How many wins could he have by the time he`s 36??

In my opinion he could become the greatest TT rider of all time.

Please bear in mind he is up there with the greats now and still going.
15-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
both hutchy and michael dunlop are very good racers
this thread wasnt about who was best
dont know why fans cant accept both are good without having to argue 1 is better than someone else
all roadracers risk there life and they all deserve respect
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
15-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Granted and you are correct it just seems there was a big emphasis on Hutchinson and I`m a big fan of both but more so 

to Dunlop as I think he has something special that sets him apart. Regarding  all who take part at the TT or Manx they are

hero`s everyone of them and I envy them all , Man Against the Elements, would love to have had the bottle to do it
15-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
(15-06-2016, 12:48 PM)eman1948 Wrote: Tell who else at 27 had 13 TT wins or for that matter what rider was near that total at 27?

It appears people all of a sudden have Hutchy fever but after his antics of last week he`s done himself no favours and leaves a lot to be desired.
Obviously that's my opinion.

Mike Hailwood at 27 had won 12 TTs and 9 world championships, had it not been for Honda holding him to his contract in the 68 season and keeping him out of the grand prix he may well have won a lot more TTs and not drifted away from motorbikes. look what happened when he made his comeback 78. in 67 he nearly won 3 world championships these are world championships using a lot of the road circuits of europe. Mike is still the greatest in my book.
15-06-2016, 06:59 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

I agree with you on that, Hailwood was the greatest ever all round bike racer of all time.
15-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

I would not disagree with that he was special.
15-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Find Reply
civ Offline

Threads: 3
(15-06-2016, 05:28 PM)scaramanga Wrote: dont know why fans cant accept both are good without having to argue 1 is better than someone else

Because they're competitive racers - their purpose is literally to try to be better than someone else Big Grin
16-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

nothing wrong with racers being competative in there racing
but that dosnt mean that fans have to resort to arguements over 1 being better than the other and slagging the 1 they dont think is best off
i wouldnt say im a personal fan off either hutchy or michael
but i respect both and im pleased for either when they do well and wouldnt want to see any off them get injured
and when 1 off them has a problem it spoils it for me as i like a good race amongst all who are racing
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

16-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Oh behave, a bit of needle adds to the excitement.

I think they should have boxing gloves hanging up at the door for all press conferences from now on, now that would be worth watching.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2016, 11:16 PM by DBD 34.)
16-06-2016, 11:14 PM
Find Reply
roger9650 Offline

Threads: 0
Needle is ok but Dundrod is perhaps not the place to take it too far.
17-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

the above post says it all
off track coments effects on track red mist
no room for it in road racing the sport is dangerous enough we dont need the negative publicity accidents bring

20-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Find Reply