Post Senior TT Press Conference
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
Post Senior TT Press Conference
I’m a great admirer of both Ian Hutchinson and Michael Dunlop and that’s why I’m so very disappointed with them both. Their ‘discussion’ at the post Senior TT press conference belittled both themselves and the event as a whole. The post TT press conferences aren’t actually post TT at all, many competitors are still out on the course trying their hardest. In the case of the press conference in question one competitor was sadly killed, possibly whilst that sorry spectacle in the Press Room was unfolding! If this doesn’t put things into perspective for both these fine competitors then one of the greatest aspects of the TT itself is under threat this being the camaraderie surrounding the whole event. All mountain course events are unique and special and all the competitors and marshals and helpers and spectators are unique and special too. The events aren’t just about the winners and the sooner these two wonderfully talented riders realise this and treat each other and the event as a whole with the respect it deserves the better.

In closing I must mention the only competitor who, in my opinion, came out of the sad affair that was the post Senior TT press conference with his reputation untarnished, John McGuinness. John McGuinness a fantastic competitor, humble in victory and gracious in defeat, a true gentleman and my 2016 TT hero.
14-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Post Senior TT Press Conference
If Hutchinson had kept his mouth shut at the press conference then all would have been well. He openly attacked Dunlop in front of thousand of people and to have expected Dunlop to have sat there and said nothing I don`t think was going to happen.

In actual fact with what the ACU had to :- 

STATEMENT ISSUED BY ACU EVENTS LTD
The Technical Director appointed by ACU Events Ltd has apologised for any confusion caused by his query regarding a dimension on the piston on one of the machines of the podium finishers in the 2016 Supersport 2 Race at the TT Races last week.
He said:
“I made an initial comment in the heat of the moment during post race inspection but on closer examination and after reviewing the TT regulations it became clear that the piston was eligible and complied with the Technical Regulations for the Supersport Class”.
He continued:
“At no point were any of the machines formally declared illegal and no formal protest was received from any of the other competing teams or riders. I would like to apologise to anyone affected by my comment.”

I think Dunlop handled it very well considering the above statement.
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2016, 07:59 PM by eman1948.)
14-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
ACU powered by Monster Energy!!!!!!
14-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Find Reply
roger9650 Offline

Threads: 0
Dunlop, unfortunately does find that these kind of problems have a habit of following him around, surely not coincidence or bad luck.
14-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(14-06-2016, 07:22 PM)bsa499 Wrote: I’m a great admirer of both Ian Hutchinson and Michael Dunlop and that’s why I’m so very disappointed with them both. Their ‘discussion’ at the post Senior TT press conference belittled both themselves and the event as a whole. The post TT press conferences aren’t actually post TT at all, many competitors are still out on the course trying their hardest. In the case of the press conference in question one competitor was sadly killed, possibly whilst that sorry spectacle in the Press Room was unfolding! If this doesn’t put things into perspective for both these fine competitors then one of the greatest aspects of the TT itself is under threat this being the camaraderie surrounding the whole event. All mountain course events are unique and special and all the competitors and marshals and helpers and spectators are unique and special too. The events aren’t just about the winners and the sooner these two wonderfully talented riders realise this and treat each other and the event as a whole with the respect it deserves the better.

In closing I must mention the only competitor who, in my opinion, came out of the sad affair that was the post Senior TT press conference with his reputation untarnished, John McGuinness. John McGuinness a fantastic competitor, humble in victory and gracious in defeat, a true gentleman and my 2016 TT hero.

JmcG is from the old guard, the Joey Dunlop era. The new guard have a 'me, me me' attitude that some find appealing.
It would be great to see one of the top runners do what the late Ronnie Smith did, and refuse to go on the podium until the last rider was home. Ronnie was only a little bloke, but that day he stood 6ft tall in many peoples eyes. All the more poignant now, that has been pointed out that whilst this debacle was unfolding in front of the worlds media, Andrew Soar had lost his life on the Mountain.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2016, 01:56 PM by Malcolm.)
15-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Find Reply
Azman Offline

Threads: 5
Well said C IOM TT..... puts it all in perspective.

"Its turned out quite nice ....." Beer2
Riggsy
15-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
We have to be careful what you wish for. Yes Micky D and Hutchy can be outspoken and say things in the heat of the moment. But me for one would much rather them be like that as most of us are in real life. Then a F1 or moto gp puppet.. I like to thank my team my tyre blarr blarr.
Road racing is a people sport we don't want it going the way of other motorsports and have cardboard cut outs at press conference
15-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
I agree with C IOM TT there seems to be a me, me, me kind of attitude these days, I find it disrespectful to the other racers having the podium and radio TT done and dusted before the last bike is home. Ronnie Smith was a great person, racer and had a massive talent with no big ego, like many from that era Joey, Jmcg,Bruce.
15-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Find Reply