BENNETTS SUZUKI SET FOR SNETTERTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BENNETTS SUZUKI SET FOR SNETTERTON
[Image: bennettsuzukihdr.jpg]

The Bennetts Suzuki team is ready for the fifth round of the MCE British Superbike championship at Snetterton this weekend, after enjoying a positive test at the Norfolk venue with Tommy Bridewell last month.

Over the course of the two-day test the team worked hard, testing a variety of components and working to find a base-setting for the three-mile circuit, with Tommy Bridewell consistently near the top of the time sheets. Despite a challenging outing at Knockhill, the team is confident of a strong showing this weekend.

Knockhill was also Ryuichi Kiyonari’s first time back on a bike since breaking his collarbone at Brands Hatch. It was a steady outing for the three-time champion, but he is ready and raring to go this weekend, and heads to Snetterton off the back of a positive test ahead of the Suzuka 8-Hour, where he will race a GSX-R1000 for Team Kagayama.

Tommy Bridewell, 

“I’m eager to get going really. Obviously Knockhill was a difficult one but we made progress over the course of the weekend. We're coming into Snetterton off the back of a good test here last month, a really positive couple of days. We weren’t focussing specifically on a Snetterton setting but worked on our base setup, so we still have some work to do in practice. But our times and performance showed we have the bike and the package, we just need to maximise our potential.”

Ryuichi Kiyonari, 

“I’m feeling good for Snetterton. I could ride at Knockhill but my collarbone was really sore, and the more I rode the more pain it caused. But I am feeling a lot better and think we can be competitive again this weekend. The team had a good test here while I was recovering, so they have data to work with. Also the Suzuka test with Team Kagayama was positive for me and I was fast, so I’m confident.”

Team Owner, Martin Halsall, 

“Knockhill was a difficult one but it happens. We’ve regrouped, and taken the positives from the improvements we made throughout the weekend. We’re now geared up for Snetterton and looking for a good showing from both Tommy and Kiyo. The test last month here was really beneficial, and after topping the time sheets in the opening session, we tried lots of different things and Tommy went faster and faster, so there’s no reason we can’t be near the sharp end. Kiyo’s had a good test for the Suzuka 8-Hour, and is feeling a lot better, physically. We’re looking for a strong start in tomorrow’s opening fee practice session and two good races.”

[Image: halsallatsnett1.jpg]

[Image: halsallatsnett2.jpg]
08-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Website Find Reply