Public Transport During TT Course Events
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
Public Transport During TT Course Events
I think the thread title says it all. My friend who normally accompanies me to TT Course events isn't coming to the Classic TT/MGP this year and he provides the transport. Has anyone had experience of getting around the Island when the TT Course races are on? If so I'd really appreciate some advice. We marshalled for the first time last year, enjoyed it and I'd like to marshal this year but, obviously the lack of transport will limit my options.
27-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Public Transport During TT Course Events
I have been over a few times with no vehicle due to crossing problems or last minute booking due to work. I found the bus services to be pretty good with very friendly and helpful drivers, they run fairly late as well so can be handy for a few shandy's after the racing, they use to offer a discount scheme which I think you could purchase say seven days unlimited travel which if you were to use the bus a few times a day would provide a good saving, we got ours from the sea terminal information desk. As regards to you're marshaling maybe you would be able to have a lift or something off someone who has a car who's also marshaling, it's never as good as having some form of transportation of you're own but I think the busses do provide a good service and run pretty frequently as long as you're staying within walking distance of the bus route. I had to bailout this year have a good safe one and fingers crossed for the current bun to shine on the rock have fun.
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2016, 10:21 PM by Superbike.)
27-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Find Reply
Moderator2 Offline

Threads: 0
If you are planning to Marshal, Talk to the Marshal's Association when you sign on, and i'm pretty sure they'll be able to help in relation to getting out to your chosen section of the course, particularly if you are willing to help at some of the less popular spots.

They sometimes lay on transport to move people around when they are struggling to cover some sections.
28-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Find Reply
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
Many thanks for the responses, I'm working on rearranging things to cover some of practice and race weeks.
31-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
All bus services are operated by the Government details here https://www.gov.im/categories/travel-tra...-and-rail/
01-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Find Reply