NEW WORLD RECORD LAP FOR HAT-TRICK HERO HUTCHY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
NEW WORLD RECORD LAP FOR HAT-TRICK HERO HUTCHY
[Image: hutchyfastestatugp.jpg]

Ian Hutchinson took his Tyco BMW S1000RR machinery to a hat-trick of wins at today’s Ulster Grand Prix in Northern Ireland. The English rider also became the World’s Fastest Road Racer with his new outright lap record for the 7.4-mile circuit at a staggering 134.089mph.

The day began with a win in the Superstock race and a fastest lap of 132.292mph. The victory completed the international set in the class for the Tyco BMW rider, who has also taken Superstock wins this season on his TAS Racing prepared S1000RR at the International North West 200 and Isle of Man TT.

The blue riband Ulster Grand Prix Superbike race was a hard-fought affair, but Hutchinson again reigned supreme in the seven-lap encounter, taking win number two for Tyco BMW, albeit by just 0.2 seconds. His fastest lap of the race was an impressive 133.716mph, but there was more to come.

In the final Superbike race of the day, Hutchinson again was the dominant force despite some stern opposition from his rivals, going on to take the win – his third for Tyco BMW – and the coveted title of World’s Fastest Road Racer after his final lap of 134.089mph.

Speaking afterwards Hutchinson said: 

“It’s nice to come here and repay the faith the team has shown in me this season. It’s certainly satisfying to remain unbeaten in the international Superstock class this year, which shows the quality and strength of the TAS Racing prepared S1000RR package, but I really wanted a Superbike win today.

“The conditions were far from perfect in that second Superbike race – certainly not as good as they were back in 2010 when the record was originally set – but the Tyco BMW is an amazing bike. I saw the green lights on my dash, so I knew I was on a personal best lap, and knew we wouldn’t be far away.

“The world’s fastest road racer title is great for me and for Tyco BMW and of course BMW Motorrad and the S1000RR. I’m delighted that I remained unbeaten in the 1000cc races today and the Tyco BMW boys can take as much credit for that as I can. They’ve been simply superb to work with all year.

“I’ve been in Germany twice this year at BMW Motorrad events and also working on some promotional activity for the S1000RR, but you wouldn’t need a script to tell anyone how good this bike and this package is. It’s a team effort and I can’t wait to get back to British championship now with the Tyco BMW guys and do our best to try and win that British Superstock title.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager: 

What a fantastic way to finish our UK road racing season. For Hutchy, BMW Motorrad, Tyco Security Products and TAS Racing to end the season as the World’s Fastest Road Racers, is very positive indeed.

“We had a slow start to this year’s UGP with some inclement weather conditions however, we knew Hutchy could do the job with decent conditions and he certainly delivered come race day. Together with BMW Motorrad we have worked on the engine specification with our S1000RR since the TT and the results are very encouraging based on the outcome of today.

“Thanks as ever to everyone involved, both team personnel and partners and special thanks to Hutchy the ‘World’s Fastest Road Racer’.”

Results

Superstock Race: 

Winner – Ian Hutchinson [Tyco BMW]; 2nd – Michael Dunlop [Hawk BMW] +0.261sec; 3rd – Dan Kneen [Mar-Train Yamaha] +6.850sec; 4th – Dean Harrison [Silicone Kawasaki] +20.729sec; 5th – Conor Cummins [Padgetts Honda] +20.733sec; 6th – Gary Johnson [ECC BMW] +20.884sec

Fastest Lap – Ian Hutchinson [Tyco BMW] 132.294mph

UGP Superbike Race: 

Winner – Ian Hutchinson [Tyco BMW]; 2nd – Bruce Anstey [Padgetts Honda] +0.274sec; 3rd – Michael Dunlop [Hawk BMW] +3.043sec; 4th – Conor Cummins [Honda Racing] +10.350sec; 5th – Dean Harrison [Silicone Kawasaki] +12.444sec; 6th – Dan Kneen [Mar-Train Yamaha] +14.350sec

Superbike Race 2: 

Winner – Ian Hutchinson [Tyco BMW]; 2nd ­– Bruce Anstey [Padgetts Honda] +0.800sec; 3rd – Michael Dunlop [Hawk BMW] +1.289sec; 4th – Conor Cummins [Honda Racing] +2.453sec; 5th – Dean Harrison [Silicone Kawasaki] +6.890sec; 6th – Dan Kneen [Mar-Train Yamaha] +12.128sec

New Outright Lap Record [and New World’s Fastest Track Lap Record] Ian Hutchinson [Tyco BMW] 134.089mph

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
15-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Website Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
RE: NEW WORLD RECORD LAP FOR HAT-TRICK HERO HUTCHY
looking forward to watching this tonight
bbc 2 ni can be found in uk on sky 972 9pm
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
15-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
RE: NEW WORLD RECORD LAP FOR HAT-TRICK HERO HUTCHY
Cheers for the heads up on that scaramanga smilie .
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2016, 07:12 PM by veefour.)
15-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Find Reply