MOTO GP Silverstone
cornishman Offline

Threads: 11
MOTO GP Silverstone
Never been to a track race and myself and a mate are heading to Silverstone this weekend for the Moto GP.
I am planning just race day on Sunday and thinking of General Admission tickets (due to price) ,
Just wondering what we will get to see and and what the viewing of the race will be like .
Any advice welcome, where to watch etc , not expecting to get the same rush as the TT but if i don't go i will never know
Cheers Ian
29-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Find Reply
BrianW Offline

Threads: 1
RE: MOTO GP Silverstone
General admission will be fine, there is plenty of viewing areas, a nice terraced area after the first corner ( Copse ) and the walkway all round the track is good, there is a banked grassy area at Vale, and good standing areas in front of many of the grandstands, a personal favourite is to go onto the infield and stand in front of the grandstand at Aintree which leads to the Wellington straight as you can see quite a bit from there. Another good spot is the terraced area at Luffield. Take a radio ala TT if you have one, the main advantage of a grandstand seat is the shelter if it rains, but it's going to be lovely this weekend !! There is a free shuttle bus but it is usually quicker to walk, my advise is have a wander round as soon as you get there, then pick a spot for the racing. Pull off a map from the Silverstone web site it should show you the areas I've mentioned.
Finally, have a good day out, see you there.
Brian
31-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Find Reply
cornishman Offline

Thanks for the info Brian very helpfull ,the weather looks good at the moment but the ride up from Cornwall looks iffy on Saturday.
Daughter lives in the next village to Silverstone and we are staying with her for the night so ok to dry off lol.
For £65 it better be good but don't expect to get the TT buzz but it will do to fill a gap untill next years TT
31-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Find Reply
cornishman Offline

(31-08-2016, 07:19 PM)cornishman Wrote: Thanks for the info Brian very helpfull ,the weather looks good at the moment but the ride up from Cornwall looks iffy on Saturday.
Daughter lives in the next village to Silverstone and we are staying with her for the night so ok to dry off  lol.
For £65  it  better be good  but don't expect to get the TT buzz but it will do to fill a gap untill next years TT

Well we went ,took the car in the end with persistant rain all the way .
It was good but did not get the buzz at all ,for the GP we blagged seats in the International Pit Straight .
Wow they certainly know how to charge and i recon its a rip off against bikers ,general addmission £65 with car park £30 for the GP and same tickets for British Touring Cars £25 free car park .

It got my mate back on track with bikes though so here is hoping he will persuade his wife for next years TT as i have his crossing and accomodation sorted
05-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Find Reply
BrianW Offline

Threads: 1
Yes, its supply and demand I'm afraid. Glad it was ok, I enjoyed it despite Sam being nurfed off by Zarco.
The parking doesn't get any better, one and a half hours without turning a wheel to get out.
Roll on June.
08-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Find Reply