Classic TT: when is a classic not a classic ?
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Classic TT: when is a classic not a classic ?
I've followed the development of the Classic TT over the recent years and have been interested to see the machinery that gets involved. I haven't read the regs or delved into the tech side too much and most of what I know has been gleaned from this forum (and the old one).

My understanding (mainly from tittle tattle) was that the big Suzukis are running engines that are based on the Bandit 1200 and hence are not period or even of the engine size that the bikes were based on (GS1000). This is apparently within the regs. Whats confusing me is that the ZXR's are not allowed to be oversize but the Suzukis are. Can anyone assist with an explanation of what I'm missing?

Its a sorry state of affairs and if, as it appears, the Suzuki's are untouchable (unless you have a GP bike in the shed) then I doubt there will be as much interest as they hope. Seems a shame. At the very least it would appear unlikely that the smartly turned out Mistral and Greenall's bikes will be absent from the grid and the event will be poorer as a result.

I'm not in anyway condoning cheating but as I look at it - there just seems to be a disconnect in the thinking that says that your 1990's 750 has to be compliant but in the same class you can run a 500GP bike. It just seems a bit farcical.

Cheers

Sam
Warning Level 0% since 2006
08-09-2016, 01:22 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic TT: when is a classic not a classic ? - by Sam Pato - 08-09-2016, 01:22 AM