MARIA COSTELLO GOES SIDECAR RACING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARIA COSTELLO GOES SIDECAR RACING
[Image: mariahdr.jpg]

Maria Costello is to follow up her stunning achievement at the Isle of Man by taking on the new challenge of sidecar racing.

The Northamptonshire ace claimed a sensational place on the podium alongside the legendary John McGuinness in the Bennetts Senior Classic TT to become the highest-place solo female racer in the history of the Classic TT.

And now the founder of the 'Woman on a Motorcycle' group and motivational force behind the hugely successful women-only track days is to race on the three wheels of a Formula Two 600cc sidecar.

Costello will team up with British championship regular Harry Payne and have the backing of Dave Demott and his brand new DDM sidecar for the annual Sidecar Bonanza at Cadwell Park on October 22 and 23.

[Image: mariaprofilepic.jpg]

She is looking forward to building on the most successful year of her 20-year racing career with the new experience, saying: 

“I really want this to work. I've wanted to race a sidecar for years and I’m made up that it’s going to happen this year. The excitement just a out outweighs the nerves. I can't thank Dave and Harry enough for making this happen and I can't wait to start testing!"

Payne said that he was looking forward to seeing how Costello, who was presented with an MBE in 2009 for her services to motorcycle racing, will adapt to three wheels.

And Demott added:

“I'm excited about seeing her out at Cadwell, although without any testing we've got to be realistic as to potential results. But if she decides to get into sidecar racing I'd love it to be on a DDM.”

For more details of Maria’s racing and other activities, including upcoming events, her women only track days and opportunities to support her racing efforts, please visit her website here.

2016 Maria Costello Motorsport Sponsors: The European Shoe Machinery Company Ltd, NGK Spark Plugs, BMW Motorrad UK, Wollaston BMW, Kawasaki UK Ltd, Metzeler, Nova Racing, Jap4Performance, Rock Oil, CPL Print Ltd, Premier Bodyworks, Knox, HEL Performance, EBC Brakes, Arai Helmets, Gear Leathers, Wilbers, CompLog Performance, GBRacing, Racebikebitz, Samco hoses, Daytona Boots, Pipercross, APC Wet Paint Ltd, Daytona Boots, Christian Baker, DnG, Trilogy Gyms, Bespoke Injury Management, Progrips, Promach, The Joseph’s Experience, Towergate Insurance, Hello Market, Race Print Artwork & Design, Isle of Man TT Breaks, Ymark Paintwork, Sparkes Management Support, CHI Fire Solutions Ltd, Wiz knee sliders, Vmtek Suspension, Hol-Taj, Signs2Wraps, Radicool, Pro-bolt, SB Tuning, Stomp Grip & SKINS.

[Image: mariaonpaton1.jpg]
Maria making history onboard the Beugger Racing Paton in the Senior Classic TT.
Image courtesy of iomtt.com 

[Image: ddfsidecar.jpg]
The DDM F2 sidecar, Maria will make her debut in at Cadwell Park. Image courtesy Derek @ DCD Images. 

[Image: harrypayne1.jpg] 
Harry Payne - photo by Dirk Wharton 

05-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Website Find Reply