Team Benjie Racing at Jurbystone Park - April 22/23 Meeting
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Team Benjie Racing at Jurbystone Park - April 22/23 Meeting
[Image: teambenjie.jpg]

[Image: teambenjieapril22-1.jpg]

Saturday 22nd.

Great to be out on the track racing again it seems a lifetime ago since 2015 !!! 

My own stupid little mistakes thru out the day took away any hope I had of setting a respectable time in qualifying and then running wide in the race after I'd picked up a couple of places dropped me back down again, was getting more and more comfy on the 400 but with the meeting then cancelled due to oil on the track we have to wait till tomorrow to have another play, got my signature stayed on and had far to much fun which at this stage is the only thing that matters.

[Image: teambenjieapril23-1.jpg]

Sunday 23rd

New Rubber going in ready for today,

Davey Gravy Cain did a good job in his first race, Lowered his times down to 1.25.270.
And looking as if he finished second 400 home, Well done Grommet !

Well that's the curtain come down on a belting weekend !!! 

It's been a mixed bag to be honest gutted I only got to do 2 instead of the 4 races entered but oil yesterday and a incident on the final corner on the last lap of my race cut both days short thankfully am told both riders involved are ok and walked away. 

After yesterday's mistakes today was a lot more about learning from them and trying to improve although the dropped oil from Saturday was still a issue as it was on the racing line for at least 3 corners more mind over matter but if you see dust down you don't cross it whilst cornering but after a few qualifying laps it was ok as you knew to stay wide of it.

Qualified 2nd in my class and was buzzing as I was not expecting that at all after yesterday luckily certain people didn't let it go to my head but then I Bogged it down at the start of the race and lost all that good work and dropped a few places but was great learning from them as they've been racing for years got past them and was very very happy to bring it home 2nd in my class (that's 12 points to me) and more importantly I felt so much happier on the bike today it was unreal the difference 24 hours can make.

Would just like to take the time to thank everyone who has mucked in and helped this weekend and even getting me here far to many to mention but I'll give it a go Mike Cain for the putting the bikes underneath me and standing by me Anne Cain as mums the word without her permission I wouldn't be out there Paul Cassidy not only for the van share but also for all your help and assistance over the 2 days Mike C Cowin for the help yesterday whilst also getting the photos Terry Boyd for your ongoing support plus all the other people who have helped getting us to this point without your support me Mike Cain and Yvonne aka Wallace and the boss wouldn't be here to update this page thank you all so so much.

Is it 14th of May yet lol !!!!!!

Love you all it's been a mega mega top weekend thank you all so much again and let's raise a  Beer2 or two, and relax until next weekend as I have lots of work to do to get it fresh again for the next meeting x

Great shots Mike C Cowin and thanks for your help and advice in the paddock yesterday

[Image: teambenjieapril23-2.jpg]

[Image: teambenjieapril23-3.jpg]

24-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Website Find Reply
BenjiesDad Offline

Threads: 10
Photo  RE: Team Benjie Racing at Jurbystone Park - April 22/23 Meeting
Many thanks to Malcolm,
For doing a little bit of tidying up,
On what we post on our facebook page,
Team Benjie Racing  If you want to check it out,
Both David and myself are not the best when it comes down to putting word into print,
So we both appreciate Malcolms help with tidying things up,

Like most things in Racing,
It came about after David was wanting to go racing,
He has grown up with it on the Island,
And with his 2 Uncles and his Cousin having ridden around the Greatest track in the world !
He wants to work up to that,
Hence from little Acorns can grow a big Oak tree, that we use on our Facebook page,
Going to be a long haul, to say the least !
But we think its going to be worth it,
Racing is all about coming home safe and with a big Smile on your face, And based on just the Jurby meetings he has done, David has been smiling, even after he fell of the 250 in 2015 ! Lol

Thank you for all your support, not just here,
But on Facebook as well,
Its nice to have so many people watching and giving him the praise when it goes right, and giving him a kick up the backside when it doesnt,,, Lol

We have the 2 bikes here for him to do a couple of Meeting in the South of the UK, when we can fit them in, ( and hopefully the picture will attach ! lol

Thanks again all of you,
David & Benjies Dad

[Image: teambenjiebikehome1.jpg]

[Image: teambenjiebikehome2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2017, 04:23 PM by Malcolm.)
25-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Find Reply