First timers need advice for 2018
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 8
RE: First timers need advice for 2018
Hi,

So much to tell.

Accommodation - lots of options. A pub might be difficult simply because they get booked up so far in advance. 'Homestay' is very popular. The locals open up their houses for the TT fortnight and provide B&B for a reasonable price. All sorts of different options from a single room in a small house to several rooms in a mansion. I've done a number of these and they are recommended. You could also rent a whole house. The accommodation section of this website is useful for that. I have previously placed an advert in the local newspaper and had great response. If there are a group of you coming then renting a whole house might be a good option. Douglas is where the main action takes place, but there are other good towns, in fact the whole island is a gem.

A minimum of a week. Preferably race week, but practice week is also good and not quite so manic. There is lots to see and do on the island besides the bike racing. I guess it depends what you are in to. There are also races on the island straight after the TT on the other road course on the island (post TT races at Billown)

The ferries to the island get booked up very quickly so starting working that one now! Isle of Man Steam Packet run the ferries. There also flights, and you might get a connection from your flight in from Canada.

http://www.iomttbreaks.com/homestay

I'll defer to someone else on the bike questions.

Hopefully you will get more responses and we can build up your knowledge and requirements. Plan now though. It really does get that booked up.

David
10-05-2017, 09:20 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
First timers need advice for 2018 - by Jethro66 - 10-05-2017, 07:16 PM
RE: First timers need advice for 2018 - by Smokin Haddock Racing - 10-05-2017, 09:20 PM
RE: First timers need advice for 2018 - by Azman - 16-05-2017, 11:47 AM