Spectator areas
beemermax Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 4
Spectator areas
I've been looking at the various restricted spectator areas and I noticed that spectating is very restricted at Barregarrow. Can anyone advise where spectating is possible at Barregarrow and how to access it? I assume if it's restricted any viewing areas will be snapped up early?
19-05-2017, 12:19 AM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

RE: Spectator areas
I've watched from the top of Barregarrow. Free parking in the field, toilets and refreshments for charity. Limited space in church opposite with portaloo. Can cross when roads open as an access corridor.
You need to get there early to get a good spot. Don't know about viewing at the bottom though.
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

19-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Find Reply
BrianW Offline

Threads: 1
We watched from the top last year, as TTNEB says easy parking, toilets etc, watching the bikes bear left on the rear wheel was amazing, tried to find a spot at bottom but it appeared to be restricted everywhere, I seem to recall you could park in a field on the right at one point but not last year.
19-05-2017, 09:48 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
I marshalled at the bottom of Barregarrow last year on the last night of practice.The marshals stand tucked in basically across from the dip in the road where the fairings hit and I realise why there is no spectator access here as it is crazy.

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
19-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
I haven't watched from there but from videos I've seen I believe that the bridge just before the bottom on the opposite side to the apex is the nearest you can get. I imagine you'd have to be there pretty early, especially on race day.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
19-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
Yes that's right, there is a small area on the right hand side of the road just before the start of the restricted area.  You need your boy scouts orienteering badge to make your way down there from the top of Barregarrow.  There's not a lot of space and only the front row of spectators can see anything because the ground drops away from the road.
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2017, 12:40 PM by Malcolm.)
19-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Find Reply
Andy from Kazakhstan Offline

Take your midge spray if heading there for practice
19-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
I've attempted to get down to the bottom of Barregarrow during race week, but gave up when I got a bit lost & clarty! I'm not coming over for this year's TT (more's the pity), but I'm determined to get behind that wee wall next year - assuming it doesn't become another restricted area.

Whilst I'm at it, do any of you smashers know what the spectating sitch is at the Crosby jump? I'd love to give that a try, but I don't know if (a) you're able to still view our heroes from either side of the road just after they launch themselves over the brow of the hill or (b) Whether there's anywhere to park up & go to the loo (apart from nipping behind a hedge)? It's a lot easier for you guys to 'take a leak' in the absence of a portaloo!! Blush
21-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Find Reply
mcguyver Offline

I too have watched from the bridge at the Bottom of Barregarrow. Its a great spot, but not for the faint hearted
21-05-2017, 11:20 PM
Find Reply
sculptor Offline

As with ALL good spots at the TT you have to be there early.  If you park in the road on the right at the top of Barregarrow where the marshals stand you can drive up to the mountain during racing and also to Union Mills and out under the track at Quarter Bridge but make sure you have a map and/ or good satnav. Walking from the top to the bottom is fairly straight forward as you are just following the track but there are various challenging obstacles so wear appropriate footwear. Enjoy the racing.    PS. I'm offering anyone who hasn't been round the track and is without transport a free tour most mornings (Early !!) See my posting on 'Events, Fundraising, Sponsorship' section
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2017, 08:36 AM by sculptor.)
23-05-2017, 08:24 AM
Find Reply
kilbil Offline

Threads: 13
Top of barragarrow.

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: DSCF5703_zpsuvotwdgc.jpg]     

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: DSCF5721_zps7wcgnnbv.jpg]

kilbil
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2017, 05:59 PM by Malcolm.)
24-05-2017, 12:34 AM
Find Reply
Barregarrow resident Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
(19-05-2017, 12:19 AM)beemermax Wrote: I've been looking at the various restricted spectator areas and I noticed that spectating is very restricted at Barregarrow. Can anyone advise where spectating is possible at Barregarrow and how to access it? I assume if it's restricted any viewing areas will be snapped up early?

Barregarrow (Top and Bottom) access inside the track (B10) just after McGuinness sign turn right at the crossroads (opposite the white chapel) drive up 100 yards turn left and park in the field where you can  watch the race. (crossing fingers for no rain)- Spectators vehicles only! When roads are closed from inside the track you can drive to the Mountain at  Brandywell, Ballaugh, Cronkyvoddey, or back to Douglas via TT access road.
On race days there is no access from the road  to the Bottom of Barregarrow but from the Top you can walk down inside the track.(part is restricted) Not so difficult now as there is a new gate to save scrambling over the hedge , but proper footwear is recommended.
From  the start of the  bridge at the Bottom there is a  restricted area of about 300 yards before the next farm Cammall.
Catering and toilets available at the campsite behind the parking area. Catering is for Charity and the locals are busy with the home made cakes.  Yes- the number of sit down 'good ' spots is limited but maybe you give yours up for  a lap if someone offers you a piece of that  cake - you might make a new friend -and if you're reading this you might need more friends anyway...
- Lets have a good one !
24-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Nice shots Kilbil!

Here's the Bottom of Barregarrow.

[Image: 89.jpg]

[Image: 15.jpg]

Sometimes they bottom out through the dip by the cottage.

[Image: 35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2017, 05:59 PM by Malcolm.)
26-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Find Reply