Team Benjie Racing 14/15 May Update
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Team Benjie Racing 14/15 May Update
[Image: teambenjie.jpg]

14th/15th May Report

[Image: teambenjieracingvan.jpg]

Davey: - All ready to go in the morning hopefully get the 2 races in this time.

Very successful morning here up jurby, got a good few laps in on the no2 bike which hadn't been ridden since I got it so got a good feel for it and got to follow a instructor round getting some useful advice along the way, just back from qualifying on the no1 bike knocked 5 seconds off my personal best and got 1st in class (despite a little grass tracking adventure at the bus stop, just getting the error out the way before the race).

Well that's it now racing wise for me till July due to the TT but what a day I've had. 

Finally got out on the second bike as I asked to join the race school and explained why ( having a bike sat for months on end and not been ridden yet by myself) and the guys were more than happy to help me so I could get a feel for it which could be invaluable further down the line as I now know it needs quite a bit of tinkering with to get it to my liking.

After that it was back onto the main bike for qualifying in which I went 5 seconds quicker than I had before using the lines I'd been taught in race school turns out I've been hitting the wrong apex on a couple of corners, due to injuries suffered by other riders in the last meeting there wasn't many of us in the 400 class today (but they were behind me when they crashed so may have had them today anyway lol) but to bring the bike home 1st in class in both races scoring maximum points in the process gets me my signature puts me 1st in the championship by 7 points and the main thing is I've had a fecking good time achieving that it'll take a few days to loose the smile am rocking at the minute made up doesn't even come close !!

Massive thanks as always to (I'll try not to miss anyone this time) Mike Cain and Yvonne Gurnett without them I wouldn't have bikes to play on , Anne Cain mums the word wouldn't do it without her permission, Luke Stewart and Manx independent carriers for being allowed to borrow the van at late notice, Kevin Ago Murphy for much needed help getting the second bike up to the required safety level, Ian aka Dad with the lads at Reynolds and Turner for the go faster paint its paying dividends now great work cheers, Terry Boyd from tel-vision for giving me a generator for my tyre warmers that's a massive help mate and let's not forget all the marshals officials and everyone else who gives up there Sunday to let us go out and play on motorbikes. Without any of you lot today wouldn't have ever happened (bet I've missed people again), but in this sport everyone helps everyone it's a pleasure being in the paddock surrounded by people who just help each other get out on track so sorry if I've missed you out !!

All in all it's been a awesome Sunday day out, one in which I'll never ever forget. Thank you all for the support you give myself and Mike it's amazing how many people are now involved in this adventure. All the best guys for the next few weeks let's hope everyone gets back safe and sound during the upcoming meetings we have over here and who knows one day maybe just one day I might get out on the roads myself. As for now the curtains come down and am off to celebrate.

Mike Cain

Well I think that was a good weekend done at Team Benjie Racing, 2 race,s done for Davey Gravy Cain with good results, all be it with a depleted field. 

But its another tick on the box to getting one step closer to upgrading his license, Which is what the aim is at the moment, - From little Acorns etc ! Lol ( not going to get carried away with his 2 point lead,, More 400,s out please ! ).

From my point of view,

With the PC going pear shaped yesterday morning, I now know what Bob Dowty was doing when he used to go for a walk in the field at the S100 when I was racing his bikes, Its Limbo time, as you are waiting for news of your rider coming back in, We all tend to forget how much has moved on in the Media world these days and info is at your finger tips, yesterday was a reminder of the good old day ! Yes iam an old git.

But a massive well done to Davey Gravy Cain, For bringing both himself and the bike back in one piece, and for everyone that done there bit up there yesterday, Think you know who you all are !

Debrief time for both of us now, via the wonders of the Web, and we all look forward to seeing you next time out at Jurby.

Davey Gravy Cain did say that he was going to treat everyone to Bacon butties as a Thank you !!!   Smile

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 01:49 PM by Malcolm.)
01-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Website Find Reply
BenjiesDad Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Team Benjie Racing 14/15 May Update
Many thanks Malcolm, for doing the update,
On your most hectic time of the year |
01-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Find Reply