ALEIX ESPARGARÓ TAKES APRILIA TO THE SECOND ROW WITH THE FIFTH BEST TIME
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ALEIX ESPARGARÓ TAKES APRILIA TO THE SECOND ROW WITH THE FIFTH BEST TIME
[Image: gresiniracinglogo.jpg]

GREAT PERFORMANCE BY THE SPANISH RIDER, ALSO FAST IN TERMS OF RACE PACE

On the second day of practice in Barcelona, Aprilia has confirmed the RS-GP's continuous trend of improving performance. It has been an extremely positive weekend thus far, culminating in the qualifiers today where Aleix Espargaró earned a spot on the second row of the starting grid with the fifth best time. The Spanish rider had already shone in FP3, finishing fourth, and in FP4 he took sixth place in race configuration. The Spaniard's result is the best in qualifying for Aprilia since their return to MotoGP.

The confidence in the Aprilia Racing Team Gresini garage stems first and foremost from the good feedback gathered in view of the race. The Catalan track has little grip and the high asphalt temperatures will condition management of the 25 laps scheduled for tomorrow. In this area, Aleix and his team worked well, demonstrating an encouraging pace that makes him a candidate to be one of the key players in the Spanish race.

It was an unlucky day for Sam Lowes, hindered by some technical issues that conditioned FP3 and qualifying for him. The English rookie will have to settle for the seventh row, despite the good consistency he demonstrated with used tyres.

ALEIX ESPARGARO'

"I am happy, especially with the feeling I have on the bike for the race. Qualifying was very tight. I had expected something more with the soft tyre, but on both flying laps I lost a few tenths in the first sector. In any case, fifth place is fantastic. It will definitely make life easier in the race. I have a good pace and on this track with such little grip, anything could happen. I am motivated and positive. I am expecting a good Sunday."

[Image: espargaroprebarcelona.jpg]

SAM LOWES 

"It's a pity. We really had a lot of problems today. It is disappointing because yesterday was my best day in MotoGP, whereas today I wasn't able to go out in FP3 and in the qualifiers because of some technical problems. Right now I need to stay on the track as much as possible. I am making progress and to be honest, in terms of race pace the situation is quite good."

[Image: samlowesprebarcelona.jpg]

10-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Website Find Reply