TT Supporters Club hold talks over TT logo use
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TT Supporters Club hold talks over TT logo use
[Image: ttsupporterslogo.jpg]
A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION, RUN BY VOLUNTEERS, RAISING FUNDS TO HELP RIDERS

The TT Supporters Club is to hold talks over its use of the TT logo today.

The club revealed on Twitter that it had been asked not to use the logo on its merchandise.

The Department of Economic Development has recently been cracking down on companies, charities and other organisations using the TT logo and name without permission.

The club initially announced on Twitter that is was working on new designs after being told not to use the logo, 
but an update revealed talks to reach an amicable solution over the logo will be held today.

The TT Supporters Club is a not-for-profit organisation that raises funds to help riders.

[Image: energyFM.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2017, 11:22 AM by Malcolm.)
15-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: TT Supporters Club hold talks over TT logo use
[Image: ttsupporterslogo.jpg]

TT branding row rubbished

DED didn't order Supporters Club cessation

A media report claiming government has embroiled itself in another dispute over TT branding has been dismissed.

It was alleged this morning that the TT Supporters Club was told to stop using the two-letter logo by the Department of Economic Development.

The organisation, founded in 1972, gives funding to help riders race at the festival.

Government has previously clamped down on others who use the TT brand, including the RNLI and Bushy's brewery.

But Roy Hanks, Chairman of the Supporters Club, says 'at no point' had the DED ever told them to desist.

He added officials have been 'nothing but supportive' throughout this year's festival.

[Image: manxradiomain.gif]

15-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Website Find Reply
BrianW Offline

Threads: 1
Whilst I realise that branding is all in this corporate world it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that after using that logo for over 40 years ( I've been a proud TTSC member for 38 ) the authorities choose now to complain, The TTSC has raised money for the riders during some very lean years, and have been highly regarded in the past.
At the moment there are discussions as to the future of the club, and this will not help. If anyone on here is not a member please go to the TTSC web site and sign up, or it may just disappear.
Brian, member No Y100
15-06-2017, 03:35 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I will be interested to know how this is panning out.
The reason for the 3FM report ( and other media) was that the TT Supporters Club released a statement on Twitter saying that they had been told to stop using the logo, and they were selling off there stock with the current logo.
This then set of a melt down on social media, leading to the 3FM story. A couple of hour later, the Roy Hanks statement was released.

Something has happened, that for sure, as the original statement did not just make itself up.
I think the problem with jumping on the DED wagon in this case is that they have had form for it previously, so it would make perfect sense that in the TTSC case, it it was the DED up to no good/protecting the brand/doing there job (delete where appropriate )
One of the organisations they went for was RNLI ( Which like the TTSC, given the nature of what the do is an absolute disgrace) who took the stance of they were paying £250 to use the letters TT on the yearly lifeboat badges, but they would not comment any further on the matter, and was 'subject closed'
If a Government organisation is going to pursue the RNLI to get £250.00 a year in licence fees, a Goverment that rules a small Island in the Irish sea that probably relies on the RLNI services more than most Councils/Citys on the Mainland, then going for the TTSC, the very organisation that supports the riders directly, (and perversely is the reason the Motor Sport Dept of the DED exists in the firsts place ) will not even fool there conscience.
Whist I have always supported the TTSC and will continue to do so, I can not help think that some pressure has been brought on them to retract there original Twitter statement, and put the DED in a more positive light.
Mike. member C101
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2017, 03:35 PM by c iom tt.)
21-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
If the TTSC logo incorporated the official TT logo (which presumably is trademarked and copyright) I could see how there might be a case, but the TTSC logo really isn't remotely a threat to the TT "brand", especially when you consider the nature of what the club does!

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
22-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
Neither was Bushy ( who also put 'The Tent' ) after it, the RNLI , or a few others. They seem to be going after anyone that has the letters TT and the word 'races' on there product.
It makes a mockery when there were more than a few vendors on Strand street racking in thousands of pound selling T Shirts that has everything, Isle of Man Road Races etc other than the letters TT 
I can understand them protecting a brand logo, but trying to go after anyone that is using the letters TT is bonkers!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2017, 04:10 PM by Malcolm.)
22-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Find Reply