Team Benjie Racing at Jurby 30th July
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Team Benjie Racing at Jurby 30th July
[Image: teambenjie.jpg]

So,,,, where to start on today's activities !!!

Having swapped over to the other bike for today's meeting (in hindsight seeing as I hadn't ridden since May might not have been the best idea); but everything was looking great until I went out in qualifying and found out it had no feel at all in the corners and my best lap was a 1.40 which put me dead last for the races.

We then decided to go back to the other bike for the races only to be told as I hadn't qualified on it I couldn't ride it !!!

Was very sweary and grumpy at this point and was ready to just pack up and go home but we stuck with it made slight changes to anything and everything we could to try get some feel in the front end.

So then comes race no1 and once I lined up on the grid for the mass start (oh my days how much I've missed them) something happened and I made up enough places to get a 2nd place.  The bike and my confidence was slowly getting up to speed (took 10 seconds off qualifying pace) and I was raring to go for race 2.

Unfortunately I fluffed the start but then ended up having what has to be my favourite race of the year, scratching with 2 other bikes.

It was brilliant fun and is what racing is about we all kept passing each other fairly and it was a good old scrap.

Thankfully I got them both on the last lap to earn another second place (and took another 3 seconds off my lap times) which after the morning I had thought was impossible.

Absolutely made up with the day it's been full of ups and downs but that's what learning is all about !!!

It wouldn't have been possible without the help of Mike C Cowin and Babs on the spanners, Mike Cain for still letting me out on the bikes, Anne Cain's surprise visit for moral support and everyone else who's mucked in and helped me out it means the world thank you all so so much [Image: 1f618.png]

[Image: davycainjuly4.jpg]
Pic by Jules Watterson

[Image: davycainleaderboard1.jpg]

Davey "Gravy" Cain
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2017, 04:12 PM by Malcolm.)
02-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Website Find Reply