Two riders involved in serious incident at Dundrod + Update
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Two riders involved in serious incident at Dundrod + Update
[Image: ugphdr2017.jpg]

Racing at the Dundrod 150 on Thursday was delayed following a serious incident involving two competitors.

The crash occurred past the Joey’s Windmill section of the course in the National race, resulting in a red-flag situation.

A delay of more than an hour ensued before racing resumed, with the National race declared a result after three laps.

Both riders involved were treated at the scene before being transported to hospital.

No official details have been announced by the organising Dundrod and District Motorcycle Club.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 11:15 PM by Malcolm.)
10-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Two riders involved in serious incident at Dundrod
[Image: jimhodgson.jpg]

Wigan rider Jamie Hodson has sadly died following a crash in the Dundrod 150 races at the MCE Ulster Grand Prix.

The 35-year-old came off in an incident at Joey's Windmill in the National race, which was red-flagged as a result. His brother, Rob Hodson, was involved in the same incident but escaped without any serious injuries.

A statement issued by the Dundrod and District Motorcycle Club said: 

"It is with much regret that the Dundrod & District Motorcycle Club confirm that a rider was killed following a crash during the Dundrod 150 National race on Thursday, 10th August. 35 year old Jamie Hodson from Wigan was involved in an incident at the ‘Joey’s Windmill’ section of the circuit. His brother Rob Hodson was involved in the same accident, but has no serious injuries.

"An experienced rider, Jamie was the reigning Manx GP Supertwins champion, and this year achieved a top 10 finish in the TT Lightweight race.

"The Dundrod & District Motorcycle Club would like to express its sincere condolences to Jamie’s family and friends and requests that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."

Later in the evening, there was another red-flag incident in the Dundrod 150 Challenge race at Lougher's. After a delay, the organisers announced that no further racing would take place on Thursday. 

In addition to the Challenge race, the scheduled Supertwins event did not take place. 

No further details were provided on the incident.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

On behalf of all the people who use the TTwebsite Forum, I take this opportunity to extend our sincerest condolences to the Hodson family at this very sad time.

R.I.P. Jamie.

Malcolm
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 09:04 AM by Malcolm.)
10-08-2017, 11:12 PM
Website Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Two riders involved in serious incident at Dundrod + Update
how hard is that going to be for the family
dont even know where to begin or what to say

also still waiting for news from the second incident that ended the day
looks like it was another bad day for road racing
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 11:20 PM by scaramanga.)
10-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
That's absolutely dreadful news. My sincere condolences to all those you loved & knew Jamie during the time he was with us. As we all know only too well, Road Racing can be such a cruel sport. May he rest in peace.
11-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
I am almost lost for words in hearing this dreadful news. I knew Jaimie, his Dad Jimmy, and Rob for many years, and raced with all three.
I extend my deepest sympathy to the Hodson family, they will receive tremendous support from the racing fraternity.
R.I.P. Jaimie.
11-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

Threads: 6
RIP Jamie. Condolences to his family and friends.
14-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Find Reply