Shakey: “Anything can still happen this weekend”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey: “Anything can still happen this weekend”
[Image: shakeyprebrands2.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne is heading to his home round of Brands Hatch this weekend (October 13/14/15) determined to bag a hat trick of race wins in the triple-header title decider in a bid to retain the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship title for the first time.

Five-time champion Byrne and the Be Wiser Ducati team sit third in the standings ahead of the final clash of 2017, a single point adrift of Josh Brookes and 33 points to close in on Leon Haslam’s advantage at the top of the standings.

Shakey said:

“I am really looking forward to Brands Hatch; everyone knows how much I love the Grand Prix circuit. In some ways I guess the pressure has gone a bit. I have been in a position before when there has been nothing between us in the points and the pressure to beat a certain rider or finish in a certain position is immense.

“Realistically all I can do is my best and I always want to go and win races and there are three chances of that at Brands Hatch. I can still win three races and if Leon has three good finishes he will win, but anything could still happen and if it does then all of a sudden it is thrown wide open again.

“One thing I really want to do is to defend a title; I love Brands Hatch and I am coming to the final round to do the best job I can and we will then see what happens.”

[Image: bsblogo2017.jpg]
09-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Website Find Reply