BRAVE CRUTCHLOW TAKES FIFTH IN PHILLIP ISLAND THRILLER
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BRAVE CRUTCHLOW TAKES FIFTH IN PHILLIP ISLAND THRILLER
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow claimed a fine fifth placed finish in a thrilling Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island on Sunday. The Briton showed all of his fighting qualities to overcome a serious fall in the warm-up session, before battling it out amongst the leading group in what was a thrilling spectacle at the famous circuit in Victoria.

Starting from the fourth row of the grid, Crutchlow went hard in the early stages to ensure he joined part of an eight-man group at the head of the field. All eight riders were covered by just one second at around the halfway stage with places being swapped regularly.

In the end, championship leader Marc Marquez pulled away to claim an important victory, but Crutchlow fought all the way to the end and edged out Andrea Iannone on the line to claim a creditable result in fifth.

[Image: crutchlowPIrace.jpg]

#35 Cal Crutchlow - (5th – 40’53.617)

“Obviously it was a better result and race than in qualifying. I felt quite good and confident in the race and I was being very patient to be able to try and come towards the podium at the end of the race. The problem was that after about five or six laps there was a small gap to the leaders and I had to push a lot and use a lot of the rear tyre at that moment of the race.

“But I think that fifth is not a bad result considering that we had a massive crash this morning. It’s one of the biggest high-sides of my career out of turn six and to be able to ride in this shape was good as I was really contemplating not being able to ride with the advice of the doctors and my team.

“But I tried my best and I think it was a good result considering, although I’m disappointed not repeat my win from last year because I think if we’d have had a little bit better weekend we could have been right up there. But what a great fight, what a great show in the MotoGP race at Phillip Island today.”

22-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Website Find Reply