Provisionaly boooked back in may 
Are you ready for this.......

£528 !!!!!!!
15-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 31
RE: Justify that !
Just checked my account (no e-mail as yet) £396 for camper & me. (I presume yours is for camper & 2 passengers)

Last year was £374 so an increase of 5.88%
15-11-2017, 07:06 PM
Find Reply
mattdebbie Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 3
(15-11-2017, 07:06 PM)Nasher Wrote: Just checked my account (no e-mail as yet) £396 for camper & me. (I presume yours is for camper & 2 passengers)

Last year was £374 so an increase of 5.88%

Yep
Me and the other half,normally just take the bike but
Decided to try with the van and see if i miss the bike
If so it will be in the back of the van for 2019 for sure!
16-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 31
I bought a VW T5 camper just so I had accommodation for the TT & MGP.  Prior to retirement, I used to stay at the Sefton, but my pension doesn't stretch to it!

It was purchased part converted and & I finished it, which included hook up, etc. More importantly I made up a couple of angle iron bars that bolt on to the lashing points to secure a motorbike to. This meant somewhere to sleep & cook plus I had a motorbike with me. Add a TV & a rack for my unicycle and I'm set for 2 weeks!

Having found it be a good solution for 4 trips to the IOM in 2 years, I then designed the perfect motorhome (for me) which is based on a peugeot boxer. It has the usual fridge, sink, etc but I installed a diesel Hob/Heater which means I can heat, cook & sleep in the van with the bike still in it!

Works well for the IOM, I probably gave at least 20 people a guided tour of it at this years TT & I'm sure I could have sold it a few times! But it's also great for trips abroad - ride to Austria pull the Gixer from the back & go for a blast without having to ride down the boring autobahns. It also gets used for transporting my classic race Honda to various events. Oh, and it's my daily drive.

There are other features, like a helmet cupboard, unicycle rack, a space for my paraglider and lots more besides, but what started as inexpensive way to watch the TT/MGP turned into a whole lot more.

As far as I'm aware, a motorhome/campervan less than 5.5 metres is charged the same as a car. For the TT I have to go via Heysham as the extra Mezzanine floor in the Seacat rules out Liverpool crossing due to the extra height of a motorhome compared to a car.
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2017, 06:19 PM by Nasher.)
16-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Find Reply
arceye Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
£370 just for bike & pillon !!
What a bloody rip off !!!
Seriously thinking of giving it a miss and finding a new charity to fund.
That's two Marshals less. Icon_mad
30-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

Threads: 4
I nearly had a heart attack when my bill came. £780. Then I remembered I had booked for four people with seats and a car on the cat instead of the usual 2 people. To be fair it makes £370 for a bike sound dear.
20-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Find Reply