Adam Mclean joins Team IMR for 2018 road racing season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Adam Mclean joins Team IMR for 2018 road racing season
[Image: amcleanwithIMRteam.jpg]
Adam McLean with the new IMRacing/quinnstheprinters.com S1000RR BMW with Peter Bradleyand Ian Moffit.
Pacemaker Pic

Northern Ireland road racer Adam Mclean will ride for quinnstheprinters.com by Team IMR for the 2018 international road race season.

The 21-year old will contest aboard a BMWS1000RR in the Superbike and Superstock classes along with a Yamaha YZF-R6 in the Supersport races.

During the last two seasons, the Magherafelt rider impressed in all of his races. Adam took fourth position in the second Supersport race at the 2017 North West 200 and third position in the Ulster Grand Prix Supertwins race.

Adam made his debut at this years Isle of Man TT races where he won the coveted Newcomers Trophy after lapping at a record of 120.644mph in the Supersport 600cc race.

A consistent front runner at Oliver's Mount and Scarborough, Adam finished third, fourth and fifth overall in the Irish Road Racing Supertwins, Supersport 600cc and Moto3 Championships.

Adam said:

"I'm really looking forward to working with quinnstheprinters.com by Team IMR in 2018 and I am very grateful for the opportunity.

"I'll be riding top class machinery with a superb infrastructure behind me which will hopefully enable me to be successful and build on my 2017 results so I can't wait to get going."

Peter Bradley, managing director at quinnstheprinter.com said:

"We are delighted to be the title sponsor of Team IMR and we are thrilled the team have secured the services of Adam Mclean for the 2018 road racing season.

"As part of the Bradley Group which has operations in England and the Isle of Man as well as a base in Northern Ireland, the company places a huge emphasis on supporting local, young talent and we believe with the right backing, Adam has the capability to achieve considerable successes and build on his highly impressive 2017 effort and learning curve."

Mr Bradley added:

"We look forward to getting him on the bike during our Spanish testing programme in February and wish him all the best for a safe and enjoyable 2018 season."

Team Principle Ian Moffitt added:

"It's fantastic to have signed Adam for the 2018 roads season.

"Adam will have a full stable of bikes to compete in the Superbike, Superstock and Supersport classes at the North West 200, TT and UGP respectively with the use of our two 2017 BMW S1000RRs as well as Ian Hutchinson's 2017 front-running Yamaha R6.

"Adam will also compete at some of the BSB and national road races throughout the season and we are extremely excited to be working with one of today's most talented riders in road racing.

"We would not be able to do what we are doing without the support of all our partners but especially Peter and quinnstheprinters.com."

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Jill Goligher
20-12-2017, 12:12 AM
Website Find Reply