Planning permission sought for new pub during TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Planning permission sought for new pub during TT
[Image: TTpubsite.jpg]

The Department for Enterprise is applying for planning permission to open a pub in Noble's Park during the TT and Festival of Motorcycling.

It says it's moving the traditional beer tent from its site behind the TT grandstand, although it'll still be run by Heron & Brearley after a tendering process late last year.

The new pub would be alongside the existing VIP area, and feature a special area for stunt shows.

The department says the new drinking venue will be called the 38th Milestone.

[Image: 3fmlogo.jpg]

By Leanne Cooke
10-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Website Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Planning permission sought for new pub during TT
Shame that they've overlooked the TT Riders Association's 38th Milestone. http://ttra.co.uk/ttra-about.htm
12-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Find Reply
laverda77 Offline

Threads: 9
Perhaps the temporary ground rents are expensive for this sort of thing,but the beer tent behind the grandstand is like buying booze in Norway.
28-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
All things are relative Laverda. There's a big drive here to make the event pay for itself and the organisers will want a premium price for the pitch - a bit like an airport does.
also the preferred supplier (a local company Heron & Brearley) will need to provide the infrastructure that goes with the large tent. That said they don't have a brilliant reputation with local customers and in Ramsey at least, their puns aren't in my view as popular as the independents.
01-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Find Reply
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
I notice an area marked 'food and retail' there as well - I smell the whiff of charging to get in the 'posh paddock' with free access to that area to get fleeced (pun intended).

'The brewery' have a fairly bad reputation amongst landlords that I have known over the years, I remember them sticking 20p a pint on the beer in the Swan for TT fortnight a few years ago - everyone went elsewhere so it only lasted about five days. Obviously they will have got the concession through a well run, open and transparent tendering procedure like everything on the Island!!

How i yearn for the beer prices of  my first visit (1978), beer in the mermaid and the Raven was 23p compared to 46p in my local Sam Smiths pub, (60p in town)- we were all on about £20 a week and filled our boots - now you are faced with London pricing even in the dives
01-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 8
The existing paddock pub is crowded and far too small, as is the area with the food concessions. Moving a few yards to a bigger site is a good idea, and reflects the increasing popularity of the whole event. Of course the beer costs more. Any temporary set up is going to cost more, and those costs have to be recovered in beer prices.
02-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Find Reply
Azman Offline

Threads: 5
...So that's where Tree No 1 is!

"Its turned out quite nice ....." Beer2
Riggsy
03-03-2018, 09:18 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
It looks, to me, that this new pub is replacing the 'artisan food market' that was there last year, and the 'food/retail area' was previously just a retail area.
...I think!
03-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Website Find Reply