How safe are bikes on the island
Tripster1050 Offline

Threads: 14
How safe are bikes on the island
Maybe an odd question but this year is the first time I can take my bike across to the races and wondered how safe it is to leave them parked up especially at night ? Anyone experience problems ? Overnight I am in a homestay b&b in Peel but no secure garage parking but never gave a thought to how safe bike would be
20-02-2018, 05:49 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 30
RE: How safe are bikes on the island
I've stayed in a variety of B&bs, Guest Houses, Hotels & campsites since 1976 and have never had a problem.

My favourite was the underground car park at the Sefton hotel as the bike stayed dry!
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2018, 06:42 PM by Nasher.)
20-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
pritty safe mate
lot safer than at nw 200
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
20-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Find Reply
Moderator2 Offline

Threads: 0
Nowhere can ever be 100% safe, but the Island is just about as close as it gets, you will very occasionally hear of a helmet going missing when left hanging from a handlebar for example, but other than that no problems.
20-02-2018, 11:05 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
Very safe IMHO. I live here and have no issues about leaving my bike overnight anywhere without security devices attached other than the OEM bar lock (which are rubbish anyway).

I may give known night time hotspots a miss though. For example there are two Douglas nightclubs (Courthouse & Outback) which are idiot magnets. I'd avoid leaving it around them. In Peel, I'd probably avoid the Creek Inn area. This is not because of risk of theft but simply because of the large crowds and/or drunk people and the possibility of accidental damage.
22-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Find Reply
van man Offline

just don't go on a Honda c90 or you might see it in a show Bike2 Icon_biggrin
27-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Find Reply
Tripster1050 Offline

Icon_lol no Honda C90 just a Triumph Tiger Sport so think I should be ok Icon_biggrin Doubt anyone wants one badly enough to nick it
28-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
In 30 years I've lost 2 novelty valve covers (from tyres!) & a U shaped lock (minus key, no good to anyone!).

oh! & a dog ate our fireworks once, but that's a long story!!  Confused
28-02-2018, 07:52 PM
Website Find Reply
laverda77 Offline

Threads: 9
Safer than anywhere on mainland UK ,in my opinion,never any probs, in 39 years of visits, As for the Creek Inn Peel,being a place to avoid.all I can say is I look back in fondest terms, the TTs I've had in Peel and at the Creek..that said, its not the real bikers or TT fans that have caused issues in recent times but the stag party,bucket list ,types that appear now,and of course professional opportunists,who are anywhere in modern life.
28-02-2018, 08:51 PM
Find Reply
Tripster1050 Offline

Im staying at homestay B&B in Peel but not near the Creek. Why is it a place to avoid ? I would have thought bars in Douglas have more problems than little old Peel
28-02-2018, 08:59 PM
Find Reply
laverda77 Offline

Threads: 9
Any TT visit I've had has been enriched by visiting the Creek Inn,unless it's turned into some low life joint over the winter?...After a Okells frenzy, I once leaned against the fire escape door in the Creg Malin( a former Peel night spot in the 90s) now flats,and found myself locked out,having left a £400 furygan jacket,with all my spending money in it ,and after getting back in it was still there.So Peel has never been a criminal hot spot for me.
28-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
I think the references to the Creek are that it ISNT a place to avoid, someone earlier mentioned it purely as an example of a busy pub where someone could stumble and accidently knock a bike over when its busy, its certainly not a trouble spot by any means.
28-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

(28-02-2018, 09:43 PM)warrior Wrote: I think the references to the Creek are that it ISNT a place to avoid, someone earlier mentioned it purely as an example of a busy pub where someone could stumble and accidently knock a bike over when its busy, its certainly not a trouble spot by any means.

Thanks Warrior. Defo not intended to say avoid it. In fact quite the opposite. I just wouldn't leave my bike right outside esp overnight, for the very reason you say.
Apologies for any confusion.
01-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Find Reply
Azman Offline

Threads: 5
Unlike the bike theft epidemic in places like London, don't think a dodgy two up on a scooter would last too long on the island....... For myself never had an issue with bike security with my or my mates bikes in the years we have been over and still the biggest free Bike show around. However I suppose there are theft stats available somewhere ?

"Its turned out quite nice ....." Beer2
Riggsy
03-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Find Reply