TEAM MV AGUSTA REPARTO CORSE SCORES A P8 FINISH IN RACE2 AT PHILLIP ISLAND
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TEAM MV AGUSTA REPARTO CORSE SCORES A P8 FINISH IN RACE2 AT PHILLIP ISLAND
[Image: MVlogo.jpg]

The final race of the Australian round of the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship saw Jordi Torres ending up 8th after a strong battle in the second stage of the race. Raffaele De Rosa and Ayrton Badovini closed 6th and 9th respectively, in their debut WorldSSP race with the MV Agusta F3 675.

WorldSBK – MV Agusta Reparto Corse Team

Jordi Torres took to the track for his second race with MV Agusta focused on collecting the first points for the championship standings.

When the lights go out, Jordi starts from the fourth row and moves to the attack of Loris Baz, passing him and entering into the Top 10. On lap 11, the Spaniard made the mandatory tire change pit stop. When he was quickly able to get back on track he was 8th but far from the first. After a strong battle with Baz, the 30-year-old rider manages to hold the position, getting the first 8 points in the championship standings.

WorldSSP – Team MV Agusta Reparto Corse by Vamag

After only 3 laps, the race was stopped by the red flag while Badovini was in 7th position and De Rosa, touched by another rider, passed from 19th to 6th.

The race starts again on the shortened distance of 9 laps and with the original starting grid. This time is De Rosa to make a quick start, with the Italian rider passing three riders, getting into the 8th position and setting a solid race pace. After 6 laps Raffaele is 6th, a position he will hold until the checkered flag.

Because of a contact with another rider, Ayrton Badovini lost several positions when the lights went out again. Anyway, the Italian rider was able to pass 5 riders ending up 9th, 0.5s far from the rider ahead.

The MV Agusta Reparto Corse’s riders will be back on track on March 23-25 at Chang International Circuit, Thailand, for the second round of the WorldSBK and WorldSSP Championship.

[Image: torrezPIrace2.jpg]
Jordi Torres

Jordi Torres  

We worked hard on the stability of the bike during the Warm Up and I must say the feedback we got in the race was definitely positive. I knew that the tire change would not have helped us because we are not so fast with new tires, but I managed to hold my position. Indeed, I think I could have bridged the gap with the leading group if I hadn’t been slowed down in the first stages. We are happy with how the work is proceeding and we really look forward to getting back on track for the next round.

Raffaele De Rosa  

All in all, considering the position on the grid, I am satisfied with this first race, even if I don’t deny that I would have enjoyed finishing in the podium area. Unfortunately, I lost a bit of time in fighting with Sofuoglu and I couldn’t close the gap with the front riders. This round helped me to get familiar with a riding style definitely different from the one I was used to in Superbike. Along with my squad we know we can do better than this and we will try to prove it starting from the next race.

Ayrton Badovini

Too bad for the stop, because in the first race I was doing much better and I was close to the first group. Unfortunately, in the restarted race I was touched by another rider and I was forced to lose contact with the front group. All in all, I’m satisfied because I saw that the feeling with the bike is becoming stronger session after session. We now get back to work for the next race knowing we have the potential to do well.
25-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Website Find Reply