S100 - New President Elected
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
S100 - New President Elected
[Image: s100hdr2018-2.jpg]

During the Annual General Meeting of the Southern 100 Motorcycle Racing Club Limited, held on Thursday 8th March, Phil Taubman MBE was unanimously elected President of the Club for 2018.

Phil succeeds the late Derek Nicholson who had held the position from 2002 until his untimely passing in July 2017, just prior to last year’s Southern 100 International Road Races.

Phil Taubman MBE, along with his life-long pal, Gordon Clague were involved with the original Southern 100 in 1955, as young lads assisting in the building of the course, putting out straw bales and the like.

Phil became Clerk of Course for the 4.25-mile Colas Billown Course in 1977 and continued in that role until 2015.

He was elected Chairman of the Southern 100 MRC in 2002 taking over from Derek Nicholson, on his elevation to President and has held that position through to 2018. He was elected a Life Member in 2017, one of only five elected in the club’s history.

[Image: Phil&George.jpg]
Phil Taubman & George Peach
(Boris Kitching)

On receiving his ‘Chain of Office’ from Race Secretary, George Peach, Phil Taubman said: 

‘I am very honoured to have been elected President and thank you all for the confidence you have in me to continue the excellent work done by previous Presidents and I certainly have some big shoes to fill after Derek.’

Phil Taubman MBE becomes the fourth President of the Southern 100 Motorcycle Racing Club, having been proposed by Peter Oates and Seconded by Dave Ali.

The Southern 100 Motorcycle Racing Club, would also like to thank Bob & Jill Walton for their hospitality during the evening and for the excellent buffet provided.

09-03-2018, 12:17 AM
Website Find Reply