PODIUM SUCCESS FOR COSTELLO DOWN UNDER
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
PODIUM SUCCESS FOR COSTELLO DOWN UNDER
[Image: mariainOz1.jpg]

Great start to the 2018 season in Australia for Northamptonshire’s Maria Costello MBE

Maria Costello got her motorcycle racing season off to a fantastic start claiming three podium finishes at the International Festival of Speed at Sydney Motorsports Park.

Invited by Luis Gallur to race for his team Moto Gallur, the Northamptonshire racer competed alongside teammate Cameron Donald, the well known TT racer and commentator, on an Egli Vincent 500.

Working closely with Dudley’s Performance, who run and develop the Moto Gallur race bikes, Maria enjoyed her first race on Friday in damp conditions. Although tentative about the wet parts of the track, the Avon shod Vincent worked brilliantly and she claimed fourth place in the Period 4 500 class.

She secured her first podium when she finished second on the Moto Gallur Vincent in Saturday’s first race in dry conditions, recording her best lap time of the weekend of 1:53.772. In the pouring rain that afternoon Costello managed another fourth place finish.

Sunday saw the hottest conditions of the weekend and Costello claimed second place behind teammate Cam Donald before finishing her weekend of racing with a third place. This gave her an overall placing of second and she was awarded with a trophy to bring back to England.

[Image: mariainOz2.jpg]

Costello said:

“This was my most successful race event in Australia and it’s all thanks to Luis Gallur who invited me to race his beautiful motorcycle and made this opportunity possible. The Egli Vincent was a total delight to race and I can’t thank the Dudley’s Performance mechanics and personnel; Dudley, Danny, Craig and Blake and of course my teammate Cam, enough.

Their help and support was second to none. I felt at home in the team and that showed in the lap times and results. To learn that I’ve secured a permanent place in the team & I’ll be back racing in Oz next year is a dream come true.”

Owner of Dudley’s Performance, Dudley Lister added:

“We were very excited to hear that Maria was joining the team for this event. The weather threw everything at her but she took all our advice onboard and for her to finish 2nd in class was an outstanding result. Maria was a pleasure to work with and we look forward to her racing with us again.”

Team Owner, Luis Gallur said:

“What a fantastic weekend for Moto Gallur, we couldn’t have asked for more from our riders with Cam taking the win in three races and Maria coming home second overall in her debut ride. Her professionalism and consistency spoke volumes both on and off the track. She has definitely been welcomed by Dudley’s Performance. So I am thrilled to invite her to become a permanent rider in our line up alongside Cam and we look forward to her returning next year to campaign more races with us.”

Maria has started the season on two wheels but her next challenge begins this Sunday when she takes to the track at Silverstone on four wheels, for the first round of the Historic Racing Driving Club. For more information on the HRDC head to http://www.hrdc.eu.

For further information on the Moto Gallur Collection, including details of historic racing, restorations and the Moto Museum, please visit here.

Costello will be keeping everyone up-to-date through her social media and website links which can be found on her website http://www.costelloracing.com

[Image: mariaclogo.jpg]

30-03-2018, 12:17 AM
Website Find Reply