Anybody at the Crosby Leap on Friday?
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
Anybody at the Crosby Leap on Friday?
It was the first time I've spectated there: and it was utterly brilliant.

Unfortunately myself & my pillion were deliberately pushed from behind by some lout as we tootled out towards the road afterwards - which caused me to drop the bike. We couldn't get the machine off us, so we were very grateful to have had the assistance of a fellow biker who dismounted and righted the machine which allowed us to get up and take stock of what had just happened. The attacker and his aggressive female accomplice apparently didn't want to walk in single file as I approached them, but I had room to go past them slowly by the line of traffic that was waiting to turn right to go down the hill towards Crosby Village. Needless to say, the aforementioned 'characters' did an immediate runner towards the farm/car park after bringing us down: and we couldn't see them anywhere. As my bike was completely unscathed (thanks R&G crash bung!), I decided to go off back to Peel and attempt to calm down. Once I had parked up, it became clear that I'd hurt my leg as a result of the yob's action: and it was increasingly painful. I spent the next couple of days wondering if I'd be able to ride home after the weekend, but half-convinced myself that the pain was probably down to bruising that was readily appearing. Suffice to say I managed to ride back to Sussex from Liverpool whilst dosed-up on painkillers and anti inflammatory meds, but I was still in a whole heap of discomfort. Today I finally decided to go to my local A&E to get my leg properly checked. An X-Ray revealed a fractured fibula; and I since learned that my pillion on The Island had suffered a broken rib during the senseless assault. I had a brilliant TT up to this unsavory incident, but I can't say the actions of one violent moron hasn't left a rather bad aftertaste. I suppose it just goes to show that whenever there's a huge event with a huge crowd, there's always a few idiots whose behaviour can ruin your day. I just hope Karmic justice is dispatched ASAP.
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2018, 07:05 PM by Sussex Ninja Gal'.)
14-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Anybody at the Crosby Leap on Friday?
Very sorry to hear of your incident. The find the world is a less tolerant and much more entitled place than it was even 10 years ago (unfortunately) but on the whole I like to think that most people are decent. So hopefully once its healed up you can put it behind you and press on.

I cycle to work most days and I'm very familiar with the odd angry idiot ruining my day (today is one such day).

Sam
Warning Level 0% since 2006
15-06-2018, 02:34 AM
Find Reply

Thanks for the positive words, Sam. The world is indeed a far less tolerant place these days, however the vast majority of those attending this year's TT definitely helped to put my faith back in humanity. I'm sure the overall experience will give me the perspective I need to put this isolated incident behind me (once my leg gets back to normal). I hope you and all the rest of the forum lovelies had a great time and enjoyed the epic racing and glorious weather. Onward and upward! Icon_wink
15-06-2018, 10:18 AM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
Don't let it put you off. Iv been going 16 years now. A drop in the ocean to some on this site I no. But in all them years iv had no problems. So don't let one dickhead put you off. As far as I no its unusual to come across this type of behaviour.
15-06-2018, 12:10 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
Probably a drunk "bucketlister" who likely won't be back again, hope you heal soon SNG.

Unfortunately the event does attract some right melons, there's a group of aggressive Irish lads usually wearing Michael Dunlop attire the last couple of years around where I stay and apart from having a bit of a ding dong with one of them last year when he was saying he was "glad Hutchy crashed" I've never had an issue on the island and didn't let that incident put me off. It's a picnic compared to some events I've attended.
15-06-2018, 12:46 PM
Find Reply

Cheers guys, It'll definitely take a damned-sight more than that pair of morons to stop me from returning! Funnily enough, I suspect the cool box that the gobby woman was carrying hadn't been full of healthy snacks and soft drinks before the day's racing. I'm planning to do another TT in 2020, but I'll be going over to Mann for the Southern 100 again next year. That'll certainly keep me going through the long Winter months, but there's plenty more riding to be done & places to visit before that. I might even get a chance to have a good chat with Hicky & Deano at Thruxton - as their presence in BSB paddock will be somewhat low key compared to that of the 'proper' racing. Just as long as they don't start holding their lids up at every opportunity to appease their sponsors, the job'll be a good 'un!
15-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
I had a bit of a do with 3or4 yobs at gorse lea a few years ago over the ladders that Harold puts up so people can get up on his bank (nice chap his Harold) these so called TT fans who were swilling lager at 9.30 in the morning used threatening behaviour when I wanted to move the ladder a few feet so I could get up on the bank words were exchanged but I could see by there attitude it was going to get serious then another chap said use the one by them I have been going to the TT since 1962 missed it twice in all those years and that was the first time I have been verbally threatened anyway I hope you get better soon and don't let the yobs put you off (they won't put me off).
17-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Find Reply