COSTELLO SECURES PATON SUPERTWIN TO BOOST HER 2019 RACE SEASON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
COSTELLO SECURES PATON SUPERTWIN TO BOOST HER 2019 RACE SEASON

MARIA COSTELLO MBE is aiming for a fantastic 2019 after securing a deal to race a Paton Supertwin in the forthcoming road race season.

The Northamptonshire racer will ride one of Mark Coverdale’s Paton Supertwins, which is a similar machine to the one Michael Dunlop rode to victory in the 2018 Bennetts Lightweight TT.

Costello is thrilled to be running the Coverdale Paton in her own team at the TT but she will also be competing in the Supertwin classes at the Fona Cab/Nicholl Oils International Northwest 200 and International Ulster Grand Prix, where she has also held the fastest female lap record.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me,” said Costello, who recently was inducted as the first female president of the TT Riders Association in its 67-year history. “I tried this Paton last year and, I only did a few laps, but it’s on another level in performance and handling. This makes me very excited about the added potential this gives me at all the International road races, especially the TT.”

Maria’s love of racing the Isle of Man TT course is undeniable; she has been racing there for twenty years, became the first female in the history of the Isle of Man to claim a solo podium at the 2005 Manx Grand Prix. Since then she’s collected nine Bronze TT Replicas and five Silver Classic TT Replicas and had outstanding success on the Beugger 500 Paton when she secured third place and another historic podium alongside her hero John McGuinness at the 2016 Classic TT.

[Image: MariaCPromo2.jpg]
Maria onboard the Mark Coverdale Paton at the 2018 Southern 100
By Markspics

Mark Coverdale said:

“I am delighted to be able to support Maria with sponsorship and lending her one of my Patons. Maria is an excellent road racer and is inspirational in her dedication to supporting road racing, educating youngsters and encouraging women to enter the sport. Her success with this brand has been seen before with her podium at the Classic TT. It’s a breed of bike that really suits her. I am really looking forward to seeing her achieve more successes this season.”

Costello is aiming high for 2019 but not just on two wheels. In addition to her modern and classic motorcycle racing she will be back out on her Kawasaki LCR F2 sidecar and will be announcing her sidecar racing plans soon.

Sponsorship & well-positioned branding opportunities are still available on both her motorcycle, sidecar and race suit for 2019. For more information on how to become part of the team, please contact maria@costelloracing.com.

For all of the latest news on Costello, her ‘woman on a motorcycle’ group, track days and other events, please visit her website at http://www.costelloracing.com

2019 Sponsors:

Mark Coverdale – Frog Property Developments Ltd,
NGK Spark Plugs Ltd, Metzeler, Mac Tools UK, Rock Oil, Kawasaki, MJW Developments, H&S Construction, CP Fabrication & Welding, Nitron Suspension, RST Moto, Arai Helmets, Knox, Sports insure, Premier Bodyworks, Quinns The Printers, Premier Display,  Jap4 Performance, GB Racing, Racebikebitz, DR Moto,  Racing batteries, Progrip, Pipercross, Probolt, Radicool, Stomp Grip, Paul Garner Designs, Christian Baker, DnG, Wollaston Therapy Centre, Hel Performance, Sporttape, Trilogy, Rex Physio, Barry Goudriaan, Black Dub, Sparkes Management Support.

[Image: mariaclogo.jpg]
27-02-2019, 06:22 PM
Website Find Reply