Radio TT
Prilly Man Offline

Threads: 5
Radio TT
Hows radio TT working this year? Is it only on air from 5.30 on for this evenings practice, and off straight afterwards?. Being off the Island I loved tuning in for the whole 2 weeks with the TT dedicated radio station. I am listening to the Billown racing at the moment om Manx AM , but it doesn't seem like the radio TT of last year
27-05-2019, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Radio TT
[Image: TTradioLogo.jpg]

Have a look at the post on TT Radio that was made back on the 17th of May, providing updated information on Radio Coverage etc. 

It is in the TT2019 section, sub-section Information, Press Releases etc & Your Comments

Malcolm
27-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Website Find Reply
Prilly Man Offline

Malcolm ,

I have seen this, and where exactly on the main site  "and worldwide via the Official TT Races website – iomttraces.com. "

K

Again, there is a post in another section of the Forum which informs you where to find a link to the "Live Timing" plus Radio cover.

http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthre...?tid=28086

As per:- TT2019 Information, Press Releases etc & Your Comments -      NEW LIVE TIMING SERVICE FOR TT 2019 

Failing that, just click on the Isle of Man TT Radio Link (as below) which will provide you with the  AM live transmission  by Manx Radio

[Image: TTradioLogo.jpg]

I presume that you will have to sign up to gain access to the "LIVE" section of the iomttraces.com site. 

Malcolm
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2019, 03:38 PM by Malcolm.)
27-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
It seems that "Radio TT" no longer exists, it's now "Isle of Man TT radio - fuelled by....etc"  ....& don't mention Manx Radio!
There's no Police info section or Rev Fireblade on the morning show either, apparently.
27-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Website Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
The best that I've been able to decipher...

The old RadioTT is gone and with it the 8am to 10pm 'RadioTT' theme.

Now it's, Isle of Man TT Races®  notice the trademark register.

Radio is now <ahem> 'Branded' "Isle Of Man TT Radio fueled by Monster Energy"

Looking around the Manx Radio site leaves much to be desired.

Chat show appears to now be The Morning Show with Chris Kinley, no TT branding.

RadioTT Facebook page is gone, along with the ClassicTT FB page.

I guess you have to be on Facebook or Twitter 24/7 to find out whats up, be in the loop so to say.

Fine with me, there are other places & sites to go to be a fan of the TT, someone mentioned Twitch the other day, may want to try there. Discord also.

It's sad, have missed the RadioTT jingle already.

I'll get the crystal ball out and predict that the music playlist will be pants as it was 4/5 years ago.
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
27-05-2019, 03:41 PM
Find Reply
Prilly Man Offline

okay now , seems a bit more familiar this morning. Manx Telecom adds , Prodigy all sounds familiar
28-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

(28-05-2019, 09:49 AM)Prilly Man Wrote: okay now , seems a bit more familiar this morning. Manx Telecom adds , Prodigy all sounds familiar

In 2018 and earlier years the TT and FOM were large sporting events which Manx Radio covered as they would any other large event, with the obvious exception that the coverage was quite extensive. Some of the coverage was paid for by the Gov and Manx Radio sold advertising to help cover the costs.

In 2019 the Gov are hiring Manx Radio to provide commentary services and a background Radio Station broadly similar to Radio TT except that no Radio TT branding can be used. I've read the internal paper on this which has been published under an FOI request, but can't understand why the branding is forbidden, its just crazy!

https://services.gov.im/freedom-of-information/search

Search for Department for Enterprise and the one you want is called Manx Radio Tender.

The service is supposed to be similar with a few changes which are focused more on the qualifying sessions themselves and should have less ads.
28-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Thanks taxman, read all the legalese til my head was spinning. Yesterday was the official startup and got more info about what was going on by listening, I just don't understand why the Manx Radio site can't put up some kind of TT programming schedule as to what shows are going to be on and when, let alone what the guest lineup will be on the chat show.

Go to the site and search for the chat show and just see Jo Pac's shows from last year.

Mab'be I gotta go and signup at the Monster site or friend them on FB, Tweets too. sheeech

BTW they need a better jingle for Monster TT Radio....
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2019, 02:17 PM by RedlineRick.)
28-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(28-05-2019, 01:16 PM)taxman Wrote: In 2018 and earlier years the TT and FOM were large sporting events which Manx Radio covered as they would any other large event, with the obvious exception that the coverage was quite extensive. Some of the coverage was paid for by the Gov and Manx Radio sold advertising to help cover the costs.

In 2019 the Gov are hiring Manx Radio to provide commentary services and a background Radio Station broadly similar to Radio TT except that no Radio TT branding can be used. I've read the internal paper on this which has been published under an FOI request, but can't understand why the branding is forbidden, its just crazy!

https://services.gov.im/freedom-of-information/search

Search for Department for Enterprise and the one you want is called Manx Radio Tender.

The service is supposed to be similar with a few changes which are focused more on the qualifying sessions themselves and should have less ads.
Basically, MR have been forbidden to use any of there own TT branding, i.e Radio TT, and the DFe will sell any adverts regarding TT directly with the revenues going to them, not Manx Radio.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
28-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Find Reply