BITTERSWEET PODIUM SUCCESS FOR TYCO BMW AT KNOCKHILL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BITTERSWEET PODIUM SUCCESS FOR TYCO BMW AT KNOCKHILL
[Image: AndyRediKnockhill.jpg]

Andy Reid’s debut podium [third] in the National 1000cc Superstock Championship aboard BMW’s all new S1000RR [a first for the marque in Superstock trim], and a fourth placed British Superbike finish for Christian Iddon in race one were the highlights of a bittersweet weekend for the Tyco BMW team at Knockhill in Scotland during round five of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship.

Keith Farmer had just given Tyco BMW their first British Superbike front row start of the year, with a performance which showed great potential from the reigning National 1000cc Superstock champion. Shortly after, Keith was involved in an accident in the closing stages of the wet 40-minute qualifying session, sustaining injuries to both legs. He subsequently underwent successful surgery today (Sunday).

Iddon also impressed in the wet and tricky qualifying conditions. He posted a second-row qualifying position and converted that into a fourth place finish, despite having held a podium position for the majority of the of the 30-lap opening superbike race. Unfortunately, like his team-mate, he also succumbed to turn four at the 1.2-mile Scottish circuit, just three laps into the race, also sustaining an injury to his lower left leg.

The whole team would like to pass on their best wishes to both Keith and Christian for a speedy recovery.

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"On a positive note, it was fantastic to see Andy Reid challenge at the front in the Superstock class. We know the lad is more than capable and although we have been limited on development time with the 2019 S1000RR, with such a good base package – we know the bike is up to the task.

As a team I’m not sure what we have done to deserve such cruel luck, although our thoughts are with both Keith and Christian at this time. Ironically we had a positive start to the weekend and each of our riders had a realistic chance to place the new S1000RR on the podium here at Knockhill. Anyway, racing can be cruel and we seem to get more than our fair share of disappointment at the Scottish venue, however we will be back fighting again as soon as possible.

Thanks as ever to our partners Tyco and BMW and of course to all our sponsors for their continued support. "

Andy Reid - National Superstock 1000:

"I’m coming away from Knockhill with a smile on my face. I say that knowing we still have a lot of work to do, but this weekend we found a setting that allowed me to overcome some of the problems I’d been having in the opening four rounds prior to Knockhill. It’s a big team effort and I’m pretty pleased to be able to say that we’ve given the new BMW Motorrad S1000RR its first National championship podium. It was great to be back up there.

There is certainly more to come from the new Tyco BMW Superstock package; we know that, and more to come from me also, but today proved that we have made some positive steps in the right direction. My pleasure is obviously tinged with frustration for my two Tyco BMW BSB team-mates, Keith Farmer and Christian Iddon. Both got injured this weekend after also showing the strength of the new S1000RR package in Superbike trim. Speedy recovery lads."

[Image: TycoBoysKnockhill.jpg]
Christian Iddon & KeithFarmer
01-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Website Find Reply