TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2.(Releasing tomorrow morning)
Furface666 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2.(Releasing tomorrow morning)
Hello each and all, with the devastating news that the TT has been cancelled perhaps the only small taste of some relief comes in the shape of a new release tomorrow of the game which in its first guise perhaps had some issues regards bike handling and random veers off track etc. The first game for me was stunning to see in its creation and flow, to do a lap in first person view is to play the game properly I think and to get the physics right with all the user inputs, variables of track, speed, surface, etc was always gonna be a tall order.  Looking at the most recent online video reviews shows a new game with a totally reworked physics engine that seems to have transformed the game. With new bikes, parts, tracks, there's a lot new hopefully it will prove to be the game I personally hoped for first time. I will be playing tomorrow and shall give it a jolly good thrashin! If the online multiplayer works, then maybe if there's enough off here we can have our own console races/Online TT ?! Best wishes to all.
18-03-2020, 10:21 PM
Find Reply
ago/mh1967 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2.(Releasing tomorrow morning)
I'm waiting for my copy to arrive... hopefully today.
Can't wait 🏍️👍
....today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.
19-03-2020, 08:46 AM
Find Reply
Furface666 Offline
Just Getting Started

Well first play feeling is that this is the game that the first one should have been! I was jaded with the first offering and it's rallycar handling, this is a totally different kettle of fish. We now have ability to adjust compression and rebound, gears individually and bring bike lower to minimum weight with parts available with cash and real life cash with addon packs I guess for those who want it and want it now!. The game is simply so much better, once you get to grips with the in-game interface and get those settings tweaked it takes time but transforms the game and the first person view is very good fun! There are many new tracks to learn, Freeroam, and to practice the tracks before doing them in career is a tip! There are a couple of small issues that will get detailed out in updates I hope, more bugs will be found as players push the game in all directions. But the physics on the bikes feel so much better... I couldn't get toilet roll in six supermarkets today, gave in and found a box of man-size Kleenex, wasting time out there when the best game of the TT ever is to be played..meh!
19-03-2020, 09:08 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

I've recently bought a PS4 and got the first ROTE game for a tenner but I'm not impressed, sure it looks great but the bike dynamics are horrible, I can't even do a lap less than 20 minutes and haven't completed a single lap at all without crashing once. "Rallycar handling" sums it up, there's several corners where you think you're going great then all of a sudden the bike turns full sideways and you're off. I don't know whether I'm trying to treat it as a real motorbike rather than a computer game or what but it's horribly frustrating, then again I'm not much of a gamer.

Might give this new one a go instead based on the reviews.
28-03-2020, 12:24 PM
Find Reply
ago/mh1967 Offline

The new one is so much better in every way imho.
I'm not much of a 'gamer' either but I love this one
Definitely worth it.
28-03-2020, 03:38 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

I hope so, I've had another go on the first game and just turned it off in a huff, the game doesn't allow you to make corrections either, way too skittish.

Another thing as well, in real life isn't the fast right hander at Glen Vine supposed to be taken at 170? I can't even do it at 150, I have to back right off to about 120 to get through that corner without binning it. It's like they spent all the effort on recreating the circuit(which they've done brilliantly I might add) and gone halfheartedly on the game play, I even watched the John Barton lap on Youtube with Milky Quayle's commentary to see if I can get any pointers lol

Think I'll be downloading the new one this evening.
28-03-2020, 05:27 PM
Find Reply
ago/mh1967 Offline

As Furface666 said, spend time getting the settings right for you.
For example, once I got the steering sensitivity right for me, it transformed the game.
Just take your time with it and enjoy 👍
28-03-2020, 09:05 PM
Find Reply
Furface666 Offline
Just Getting Started

Hello each and all, hope you're fairing well at this time of uncertainty. Some areas in the new game that I found have rather large inputs into the bike handling are the parts, these can be won in the challenge zone, or bought. Areas of adjustment are engine braking, suspension front and rear, compression for both, gear ratios, front brake power bias, the chassis, wheels, and radiator also fall into levels of improving the bike. The difference between riding a stock level one version bike and one that's nie on fully adjustable is day and night. I have upgraded my MDR supersport bike considerably, and finding that fine line area of riding the bumps and not being too skittish, yet having smooth response through just letting off throttle balance and gears etc it's trial and error, and is now moving the game into a more realistic area for me. So playing the career mode does repay I find using time attack to learn tracks once I know where I'm racing in calendar. Sadly there are some small bugs, issues that hopefully will be sorted in first update or patch whatever or whenever that may be. Apart from those the game is providing to be a useful tool in many ways for now. I watched Moto GP virtual race earlier on YouTube, was pretty good, who knows if something can or will be done with this game the same kinda way?! Anyways, back to settings...!
29-03-2020, 09:45 PM
Find Reply