ACU Statement - Permit Suspension
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ACU Statement - Permit Suspension
[Image: ACUbiglogo.jpg]

Firstly, I hope everyone is safe and keeping well.  Ironically, we have experienced the best weather during the last few weeks we have had for years which would have coincided with the start of our busy season, however, in these extraordinary and unprecedented times, I hope you are taking advantage of the current climate and doing some DIY or some gardening, those jobs you wouldn’t have done had you been involved in motorcycle sport !!

I just wanted to update and let you know that the ACU Board of Directors met via virtual conference call on Thursday 23rd April, to discuss and review our current suspension of ACU activity until 31st May 2020.  As the Government announced last week, the current lockdown restrictions will remain until at least 7th May and would, again, be reviewed on that date.  
With this in mind, the Directors unanimously agreed that it would only be right that the ACU should wait until the Government decides their next course of action after 7th May, ie. whether the current lockdown policy will continue or whether the lockdown will be lifted with restrictions.   I am sure you will agree that for the time being the most important thing is that no additional or unnecessary pressure is brought to bear on the National Health Service who as we all know are doing an outstanding job and something as a nation we are quite rightly very proud of.

So, the message is, keep safe and stay at home, only make necessary trips for shopping/medication and be patient.  This won’t last forever, and all we can do at the moment is follow the Government guidance and advice and in doing so maintain the support to the NHS.

Once the UK Government have given their decision on 7th May, very shortly thereafter, we will send out another statement outlining the ACU’s position going forward.
The ACU Board represented by officials from  Road Race, Trials, Track Racing, Motocross and Enduro disciplines would like to thank the input from other government authorised permit issuing bodies for their valued comments.

Neil Doctor

General Secretary - Auto-Cycle Union Ltd

Friday April 24, 2020 at 11:00am
24-04-2020, 01:58 PM
Website Find Reply