Bank holiday cancelled!!!
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 398
Bank holiday cancelled!!!
Yes, the Manx government has seen fit to cancel the traditional Senior race day Bank Holiday!!
I know that there won't be a Senior race this year, but there wasn't in 2001 & they still had the Bank Holiday
 (I believe, but I cant actually remember, to be truthful!)
Anyway, if you think there should be a Bank Holiday there's a petition here you can sign here - 
https://www.change.org/p/isle-of-man-gov...e_or_share
08-05-2020, 07:07 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Bank holiday cancelled!!!
[Image: ManxRadioBreakingNews.jpg]

Replacement public holiday planned for end of August

Senior Race Day public holiday cancelled

The council of ministers intends to introduce a one-off public holiday towards the end of the summer, in lieu of the cancelled Senior Race Day Holiday.

It was announced yesterday that the 12th of June would no-longer be a public holiday due to the cancellation of TT.

It's understood Treasury is considering 28 August for the replacement public holiday.

Minister Skelly was asked about government's decision to cancel the TT holiday at a scrutiny session of the Public Accounts Committee this morning:

[Image: ListenHere.jpg]
08-05-2020, 12:43 PM
Website Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Bank holiday cancelled!!!
is it legal to change at short notice
when the uk changed may day from first Monday till the Friday to fall in line with ve day they announced it year before
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
11-05-2020, 10:22 AM
Find Reply