Keppel gate
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Keppel gate
I'm sat here at home thinking this time next week I should have been on my way to the TT and wondering where I might have been watching some of the race's now I did watch from keppel gate in 1971 I was just wondering how much does it cost to watch from there these days!
19-05-2020, 11:18 AM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Keppel gate
Nothing when we watched the Superbike race in 2016. Great spot with a number of different viewpoints. You just have to hope the mountain road hasn't been closed so that you can get there.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
19-05-2020, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
Yes, the only problem with watching from Kepple, is you either need to ride all the way around the course from Douglas, and hope by the time you get to May Hill the road has not been closed for an incident, or walk up from the Creg, and again hope the road is not closed so you can cross over.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
19-05-2020, 05:28 PM
Find Reply
SeaCol Offline

Threads: 28
Do remember a few years ago getting a front wheel puncture right outside the Creg pub coming from Douglas . My mates were already at Windy Corner so parked the bike at the pub and set off on a long walk, stopped at Keppel Gate for a breather and then off to Windy Corner. The stretch from Keppel Gate to Windy Corner was basically a swamp, ankle deep but actually quite fun looking back, memories are made of this.
19-05-2020, 05:55 PM
Find Reply
kilbil Offline

Threads: 13
Why not take a hike a little ways further up and watch for free at the 33rd,  beat's Keppel hands down.

kilbil
19-05-2020, 10:40 PM
Find Reply