Virtual Racing Resumes at Colas Billown
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Virtual Racing Resumes at Colas Billown
[Image: BillownVirtualRacing.jpg]

Racing is set to return to the Colas Billown Course this Saturday 30th May with a special three-Race programme, two unique solo races and an even more unique sidecar race slotted in between the two-wheelers!

The re-formulated Pre-TT Classic Races were the brainchild of long-serving Cross-Four-Ways Manx Radio Ace Commentator, Roy Moore, who with his knowledge and expertise has brought back some road racing stars from the past, with a number making their Billown debuts!

Keeping to the ‘social distancing’ guidelines, the Southern 100 club has restricted the numbers of riders to six per race with a 2 – 1 – 2 – 1 grid pattern for all three races.

Clerk of the Course for the event will be Peter Oates, with former C of C and Club President Phil Taubman MBE acting as Starter. Chief Marshal, Peter Chadwick and Press Officer Phil Edge will ensure fair play, whilst Roy Moore will broadcast from the Race Control and with the assistance of son Kevin, he will have a view of the full 4.25-mile Colas Billown Course, and provide a full lap coverage as the riders pass each of the main vantage points. Due to the time restriction on the road closing order each race will be over one lap.

The Entries are:

Race 1
  1. Bob Jackson
  2. Giacomo Agostini
  3. Chris Palmer
  4. Kenny Harrison
  5. Carolyn Sells
  6. Luigi Taveri
Race 2
  1. Eric Oliver & Stan Dibben
  2. Max Deubel & Mike Cain
  3. Freddie Dixon & Dan Sayle
  4. Florian Camathias & Lee Cain
  5. Siegfried Schauzu & Peter Cain
  6. Klaus Enders & Lenny Bumfrey
Race 3
  1. Barry Wood
  2. John Hartle
  3. Mike Hailwood
  4. Dave Leach
  5. Ray McCullough
  6. Con Law
Manx Radio’s Anchor Man at the Start – Finish, Tim Glover expressed his delight in having a break from his usual duties at the Colas Billown Races handing the ‘mic’ over to his colleague Roy Moore and being able to watch this very special event saying:

It will be a new experience for Roy, which I sure he will enjoy, just a pity the hospitality isn’t up to the usual standard.

‘To make amends, I am quite happy to pay Roy for the expense he has accrued in getting the race organised and once I have waved the chequered flag for the final time, will take everyone down to The Sidings for a free beer!’

Racing gets underway at 8.00pm on Saturday 30th May and can be viewed on the Facebook page of Roy Moore & Barry Woods Mountain Memories.

(Photo courtesy of Barry Clay: Blackford’s Pre-TT Classic Races 2019)

[Image: S100hdrfancy.jpg]

28-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Website Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Virtual Racing Resumes at Colas Billown
you know something I almost wish I was on facebook to see how this is gonna go
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
28-05-2020, 10:05 PM
Find Reply