What chance for 2020?
clivem Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
What chance for 2020?
Was simply wondering if there is any chance of any racing later this year on the island?  Maybe the Classic?  I know how important it has been to stay safe etc with this virus, just think they cancelled everything with a bit too much haste, that's all.  Sure, the tt was a causality but given time and good management,maybe they could have organised something? 

I've really missed the road racing season this year, especially the Irish scene.

Also, anyone know if any trackdays/race events are on later this year please (mainland UK)?  My first year back in the practice sessions and everything is cancelled... Icon_frown 

Clive
03-06-2020, 03:09 PM
Find Reply
Moderator2 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What chance for 2020?
Part of the reasoning during the decision to cancel both events was that even f we were starting to emerge from lock-down the health service would need time to recover and re-group, and the worn out staff take a breather, before the island opened its borders and anyone was sent off down Bray Hill.

Although the island is now currently clear of active cases the UK isn't, so our borders remain closed, a large proportion of medical staff and marshals are also visitors from the UK, so currently they cant travel, add to that they are still not sure if there is a second spike to come, so all in all they had to make a call.

I have seen some mention of track days on other sites, so maybe they are starting up again, and I actually watched live American Superbike racing from Road America at the weekend on Eurosport, they had no spectators, all the marshals and crews had masks on, and they had the biggest podium i've ever seen to keep the top 3 socially distanced, it was all really strange but good to watch some racing.
03-06-2020, 05:52 PM
Find Reply