TEAM SUZUKI ECSTAR, ALL SYSTEMS GO FOR SAN MARINO GP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TEAM SUZUKI ECSTAR, ALL SYSTEMS GO FOR SAN MARINO GP
[Image: SuzukiEcstarLogo.jpg]

The 2020 MotoGP World Championship resumes this weekend after a short break, with a double-header at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli awaiting the riders for the San Marino and Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.

A perennial classic in the calendar, the circuit near the principality of San Marino has origins dating back to 1972 and has featured in the MotoGP season since 2007. It is known for thrilling races and enthusiastic fans, and for the first time this season a small crowd will be admitted to the grandstands.

Joan Mir arrives in Italy after an impressive run of form in the two previous rounds in Austria where he scored his first MotoGP podium with a second place and followed it up with fourth just seven days later. He has been feeling very confident and comfortable with his GSX-RR, and Misano has long been favourite circuit for the Mallorcan rider; he has always finished in the top eight.

Alex Rins comes into the San Marino GP determined to turn his strong race rhythm into a solid result and keep the momentum rolling into this busy part of the season. Now close to 100% recovered from the debilitating shoulder injury he suffered in Jerez, he is ready to tackle Misano.

[Image: SuzukipreMisano.jpg]
Alex Rins passes "The Doctor"

Davide Brivio - Team Manager:

“We’ve had a short break but we’re keen to continue the good form we’ve been on in recent weeks. Joan has shown some very impressive performances in Austria, and Misano is a circuit he enjoys, so we’re hoping for another good result for him. Similarly, Alex likes the circuit, and he has also been feeling stronger and stronger after continuing treatment on his shoulder - so he also has confidence. We’re looking forward to getting started on Friday.”

Joan Mir:

“I feel fresh from my podium in Austria and the fourth place. In both races I was able to battle with the front group and I had a lot of potential. I like Misano and I’m excited to see what I can do on the GSX-RR around here. Last year I got eighth place as a rookie after coming back from injury so I’ll be aiming high and hoping for a good weekend.”

Alex Rins:

“I scored solid points last time out at the Red Bull Ring, but I’m ready for more this weekend. My shoulder is feeling better every day, and even if I’m not at 100% I know I can give a good fight for a strong result. I have some happy memories from Misano over the years and I would like to add a new one to the collection!”

10-09-2020, 11:55 AM
Website Find Reply