Brookes eager to head to Oulton Park happy hunting ground
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes eager to head to Oulton Park happy hunting ground
[Image: JoshBrookespreOulton.jpg]

Josh Brookes arrives at Oulton Park for the next Bennetts British Superbike Championship event holding second place in the standings ahead of an event that has traditionally proved to be a strong circuit for the former champion.

Last year Brookes won three of the five races and claimed a second place at the Cheshire circuit, and the VisionTrack Ducati rider arrives this weekend determined to close the 35-point deficit to Glenn Irwin at the top of the standings.

Brookes said:

“I don’t like to think that there is a strong track or a weak track for me, the team or the bike, but Silverstone seemed to highlight some weaknesses in our approach. Oulton Park is quite the opposite and I think if anything, Oulton is a strong track for us, so I am looking forward to the weekend from that angle - we should have a strong event.

“I won three of the five races last year and although I fell off in one of the races, I was leading at the time, so at least I have that to reflect on. So I am looking forward to having another go at it.

“I felt that it wasn’t such a bad weekend at Silverstone, more of what feels like a bit of a lost opportunity. It was a chance to capitalize on different people being at the front, and potentially putting more riders between myself and the championship leader, but it wasn’t to be and it didn’t work out that way, so we have put that behind us now and move forwards. It wasn’t a disaster, but it wasn’t what I had hoped or planned for obviously, so we are intending on better things at Oulton Park.”

[Image: BSBlogo.jpg]

16-09-2020, 12:47 PM
Website Find Reply