McAMS Yamaha Hoping to Carry Momentum to Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
McAMS Yamaha Hoping to Carry Momentum to Oulton Park
[Image: McAmsYamahaHdr.jpg]

After a sterling performance at Silverstone, the McAMS Yamaha team are looking to carry the momentum into rounds 10/11/12 of the 2020 Bennetts British Superbike Championship which take place at their home circuit, Oulton Park, this weekend.

The Fleetwood-based squad took a win and four further podium finishes last time out at Silverstone with Tarran Mackenzie and Jason O’Halloran on fine form with the 2020 YZF-R1.

Oulton Park marks the beginning of the second half of the condensed British Superbike campaign, but with nine races each weekend there are still 225 points to play for. Both O’Halloran and Mackenzie are within 20 points of second in the championship, meaning it’s all to play for heading into the final three events.

Having taken five podium finishes so far this year, O’Halloran sits fifth in the standings and is desperate to add to the impressive number of victor’s BSB has seen this year. Oulton Park has been a strong circuit for the Aussie in the past and a series of impressive results with a broken shoulder last year has him feeling hopeful ahead of the weekend.

Brimming with confidence after his victory at Silverstone, Mackenzie is also looking forward to visiting the picturesque Cheshire track as he believes the improvements found with the 2020 YZF-R1 will help him at a circuit where he has won in the support classes and has a best BSB result of fourth.

Practice gets underway on Friday afternoon ahead of a busy Saturday which sees the riders take to the track for a morning practice session, qualifying at lunch time and the opening race on Saturday afternoon before two final races on Sunday.

2020 BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUNDS 10/11/12 OULTON PARK

Friday 18th September
15:20 – 16:05: Free Practice 1

Saturday 19th September
09:15 – 10:00: Free Practice 2
12:15 – 12:40: Datatag Extreme Qualifying
16:15 – Race 1 (16 laps)

Sunday 20th September
12:00 – 12:10: Warm Up
13:15 – Race 2 (18 laps)
16:40 – Race 3 (18 laps)

Jason O'Halloran - Championship: 5th - 113 points

“Looking back on the first half of the season it’s been a good start to the year, I’ve been on the podium in five out of the nine races and we are in the mix. Oulton is one of my favourite circuits and I always look forward to going there. Last year I finished fourth with a broken shoulder so I’m looking forward to seeing what I can do there fully fit and with the new R1.

“With three races every weekend there are a lot of points on the table in the final three rounds, but we need to keep racking those points up and ideally finish on the podium and if that’s the case we should be in a good position for the final couple of rounds.”

Tarran Mackenzie - Championship: 7th - 101 points

and that was the result of a series of events as we tried to understand the new tyre. We didn’t change the bike from Snetterton to Silverstone and heading into Oulton this weekend we’ll keep it very similar for FP1.

“Oulton is a circuit I have been strong at in the past, I finished fourth there in my debut season in the superbike class and I’ve had a lot of success there in the lower classes. I think the improvements with the 2020 R1 should help there too, especially the extra revs. There are usually a few curveballs at Oulton with the weather but fingers crossed the sunshine stays for the weekend! The plan has to be to take as many points as possible to put us in a good position ahead of Donington Park and Brands Hatch. “

Steve Rodgers - Team Principal

“The first half of the year has been pretty good, over the first nine races we’ve had seven podiums including a victory for Taz at Silverstone, which has already bettered last year.

“With nine races remaining, everything is to play for and it’s super close between the six riders looking to chase down Glenn at the top of the standings and I’m pleased that includes both Jason and Tarran.

“The aim has to be for more podiums as if we can consistently be in the fight at the front, scoring decent points then hopefully we can still be in the mix at the end of the year.

“We are confident the new R1 will be competitive at Oulton Park, Jason was strong there last year with a broken shoulder and Taz is on top form at the minute too. Hopes are high, but as always with BSB, it’s never easy!”

16-09-2020, 01:02 PM
Website Find Reply