Jake Dixon and Petronas Sprinta Racing sign 2021 deal
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jake Dixon and Petronas Sprinta Racing sign 2021 deal
[Image: JakeDixonRenewsContract.jpg]

The British rider will continue with the Malaysian Moto2™ squad in next season after an impressive 2020 campaign

Petronas Sprinta Racing and Jake Dixon will remain together for the 2021 Moto2™ World Championship campaign, the British rider will race alongside current teammate Xavi Vierge again next year in a very strong line-up for the Malaysian squad.

Dixon immediately impressed with the speed of his adaptation and progression aboard the Kalex machinery since joining the team at the start of this season. Having taken his first Moto2™ top 10 at the Styria GP, the Brit is on a remarkable upward trajectory with recent highlights including leading the Grand Prix de France and taking his best qualifying and race result – fourth – last weekend in Aragon.

Dixon will be back in action for the Gran Premio de Teruel this weekend for the second in a back-to-back pairing at MotorLand Aragon, and is on a high with that Moto2™ career-best performance just three days ago still fresh in his mind.

Johan Stigefelt:

“The progress that Jake has made from the first race this year to now has been amazing and exceeded all expectations. When we saw his steep upward curve in performance we decided that we couldn’t let him go after only one year. Jake will only continue to become stronger in the second year, with the same team and crew around him. It's good for the team and it's good for the championship. I’m pleased that we can continue with a very strong set up in Moto2 with Jake and Xavi [Vierge]. We have a few more races this year to do, so let’s keep progressing and get ready for 2021.”

Jake Dixon:

“I am so happy to be continuing with Petronas Sprinta Racing for another year. It made sense for both parties to be continuing, as it was only my first season with the team, and the Kalex chassis, this year and we’re only getting stronger together. We’re already achieving great things and I think we can seriously consider being able to mount a title challenge in 2021. I’m really happy and I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone at Petronas Sprinta Racing and all of our partners for the confidence in me and for making this happen, and I hope to do you proud!”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

21-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Website Find Reply