THIRD ROW FOR CRUTCHLOW AT TERUEL GP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
THIRD ROW FOR CRUTCHLOW AT TERUEL GP
[Image: LCRhdr.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow will start the Grand Prix of Teruel from the third row of the grid after qualifying in seventh position on Saturday. Having finished Friday in third overall, the LCR Honda CASTROL rider produced another consistent performance today to remain amongst the pacesetters at the MotorLand Aragon circuit in north-east Spain.

The Briton booked his place in Q2 by finishing ninth in an ultra-competitive FP3 session and then claimed the same result in FP4. After an excellent final lap in qualifying, Crutchlow looked set for a spot on the second row, only to be bumped down by both Alex Rins and Fabio Quartararo in the final seconds of the session. But he remains well-placed for Sunday’s race in which team-mate Takaaki Nakagami will start from pole position.

[Image: CrutchlowTerualQuali.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow – 7th - (1’47.377)

“Today was not as easy in qualifying as it was last week to get the front row, I pushed quite hard and nearly crashed three times on the fast lap, in all the fast corners; turn four, turn ten and the last corner. I tried my best and I think we did a good job this weekend, Taka did a really good lap and congratulations to him and the team for the pole position. Now we look forward to the race tomorrow, I think it’s going to be a really difficult race as the times are very close and a lot of riders are able to push fast this weekend.”

24-10-2020, 06:11 PM
Website Find Reply