HICKY SIGNS WITH EXCITING NEW TEAM FHO RACING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HICKY SIGNS WITH EXCITING NEW TEAM FHO RACING
[Image: HickywithTeamFHO.jpg]

FHO Racing is an exciting new three-rider, BMW Motorrad-supported team created by Macau entrepreneur Faye Ho, to attack some of the world’s toughest motorcycle events – the Bennetts British Superbike Championship and the International Road Races.

Faye Ho has made a commitment to the sport with her latest venture, stepping up from motorsport enthusiast to team owner, having previously supported a number of riders and teams in her native Macau Grand Prix event. As an international businesswoman, she currently divides her time between business and charity work in Macau, Hong Kong and the UK, and has a self-confessed love of racing.

The new team is formed from foundations of the successful Smiths Racing operation, which ceased competing at the end of this year, and utilises many of its experienced technicians and equipment.

Equipped with the highly-anticipated 2021 BMW M 1000 RR Superbike, the first M model from BMW Motorrad that was announced just last month, the FHO Racing BSB line-up features the world’s fastest road racer, Peter Hickman, alongside World Superbike podium finisher Xavi Fores.

The team will also line up in the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship, signing Alex Olsen who returns from injury to pilot the ‘M’ in the production-based series.

Peter Hickman, who has previously been a long-time Smiths Racing rider, is enthusiastic about approaching the new season with FHO Racing and excited to begin the development of the new M machine for both short circuits and the roads. Hickman is a previous BSB race winner with BMW and returns for 2021 motivated to return to the top step of the podium.

The Lincolnshire rider will also continue to compete in the major international road races and after the cancellation of the road racing events this year due to the pandemic, the Isle of Man TT lap record holder and five-time winner will be looking to add to his impressive record in 2021.

Peter Hickman

“This is an exciting time for me, the team and I think racing in general as we gain a passionate new team owner in Faye. I’ve known Faye for a few years as a generous supporter of racing in Macau and most importantly she wants to win! I’ve had an awesome four years with the Smiths Racing team, we’ve grown together as a group, been successful in BSB and on the Roads, so now I think we can build on that and take it to a new level. After such a bad year globally, it’s so positive to have a new team and sponsor enter the arena.”

FHO Racing Team Owner Faye Ho

“I’ve always loved motorsport and bike racing in particular, so when the opportunity arose to take over from the Smiths team, it seemed the ideal opportunity to get involved. I first supported motorcycle teams at the Macau Grand Prix in 2009 and the next year we claimed the victory with Stuart Easton and the PBM squad. What struck me immediately with two-wheeled racing was the excitement and passion; it is a huge challenge that the teams and riders take on each time they are on track.

“When I came back to the UK, I witnessed the thrill of the Isle of Man TT and the level of professionalism and competition of the BSB series. When we heard the Smiths team were withdrawing, and having got to know Alan and Rebecca Smith, the team owners, in Macau, it felt like perfect timing to help step in to build a new team. I’m just so excited to get going, this is probably the biggest challenge I’ve ever undertaken and ultimately we have the desire to want to win races!”

FHO Racing Team Manager Darren Jones

“This is a great opportunity to build a new team but use all the important foundations of the Smiths outfit, bringing in additional expertise to strengthen what needs improving. Faye has sponsored the Smiths team, watched from afar and is now relishing the chance to go racing herself as a team owner.

“I’m really excited to be working with someone of Xavi’s calibre and obviously we missed a year on the Roads which we know Peter is the benchmark for, so fingers crossed for the 2021 schedule. Superstock is new for us and Alex has the time for recovery to return ready to fight for the championship, while we develop this awesome new ‘M’ machine for both racing disciplines.”

[Image: HickmanLogo.jpg]

04-11-2020, 11:52 AM
Website Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
RE: HICKY SIGNS WITH EXCITING NEW TEAM FHO RACING
This sounds like fantastic news!
2 things I'd like to know tho' - What about the Norton "superlight"
& what about Michael Rutter?
04-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Website Find Reply