Scrutineering sticker
GLR88 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Scrutineering sticker
Hello everyone,

I've been looking at a Honda race bike that competed at the TT (not exactly sure when), and it has a numbered scrutineering sticker on the frame. Is there someway that I can check which race / rider this sticker refers to?

TIA for your help.

Gareth
09-11-2020, 01:15 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
RE: Scrutineering sticker
Hi Gareth, not sure about the sticker, but have you any pics of the bike? past or present? any other info..at all? 
I think that would certainly help.
Good luck!
09-11-2020, 02:53 PM
Website Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
Can only recall generic stickers for each year/event with only variations aprt from year possibly being a different colour for each practice day / race day - long time ago though :o( ...... As Pyro Captain says above please get some pics up and we'll try to help out, does the seller not have any other provenance than the sticker ?
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 03:39 PM by Alfie Noakes.)
09-11-2020, 03:38 PM
Find Reply
GLR88 Offline
Just Getting Started

(09-11-2020, 03:38 PM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: Can only recall generic stickers for each year/event with only variations aprt from year possibly being a different colour for each practice day / race day - long time ago though :o( ...... As Pyro Captain says above please get some pics up and we'll try to help out, does the seller not have any other provenance than the sticker ?

Hi both. 

The owner says the bike was raced at the TT and had a famous rider. The bike itself is a generic race bike of that era (last ten years) so anyone could claim it has this provenance (which the owner cannot prove). 

The frame does have a TT scrutineering tag with a serial number and that’s what I’m looking to verify. 

Thanks. 

Gareth
09-11-2020, 06:48 PM
Find Reply
BenjiesDad Offline

Threads: 10
(09-11-2020, 06:48 PM)GLR88 Wrote: Hi both. 

The owner says the bike was raced at the TT and had a famous rider. The bike itself is a generic race bike of that era (last ten years) so anyone could claim it has this provenance (which the owner cannot prove). 

The frame does have a TT scrutineering tag with a serial number and that’s what I’m looking to verify. 

Thanks. 

Gareth

Give Jo Marsh a shout on facebook,
she should be able to help you out,
09-11-2020, 09:40 PM
Find Reply
Jeff Kirby Offline

Threads: 6
There are different stickers for the TT and the MGP/Classic TT. I think that the use started in 2015 and the first few numbers will give the year. The reason they were used was so that we knew that the same machine was being presented and not a different machine fitted with the original fairing. Any faults found were recorded on the scrutineering card so that a complete record of that machine's history for the two weeks could be accessed if required. As far as I know the only correlation between the sticker number and the rider's number is on that scrutineering card. I would imagine that the scrutineering cards are in a filing cabinet somewhere in in the Grandstand or MMCC office but the task of  trying to find one card would be very time consuming.

However, as I am a director of the Manx Motor Cycle Club, I have access the cards from 2015 onwards for the MGP/Classic TT and am prepared to go through them to help find the required information. I must stress that I cannot do this for TT as those cards are held by the Department for Enterprise.

The details on the sticker are required, please.

Regards       Jeff Kirby
10-11-2020, 12:45 PM
Find Reply
GLR88 Offline
Just Getting Started

Hi Jeff, Thanks very much for this. That all makes sense. The bike is a 2014 Honda and so would have run at the 2015 or 2016 TT. The sticker number is 215018 as far as I can make out, and has the TT logo above the number. The writing is black on a silver background. I've not worked out how to post a photo on this forum but can email it to you if that helps. 

Thanks for your help Jeff.

Best regards,

Gareth
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 04:05 PM by Malcolm.)
10-11-2020, 03:44 PM
Find Reply
Jeff Kirby Offline

Threads: 6
Hi Gareth,

As I pointed out in my post I do not have access to TT scrutineering cards so unfortunately I am unable to help. 

Jeff
10-11-2020, 05:08 PM
Find Reply
GLR88 Offline
Just Getting Started

No worries Jeff. Hope to see you at the Classic 2021 !

Cheers

Gareth
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 11:40 PM by Malcolm.)
10-11-2020, 06:26 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
Is the bike in the same colour scheme as it was when raced on the Island? If so, I will almost certainly have pictures and may be able to identify it that way.
10-11-2020, 06:30 PM
Website Find Reply
GLR88 Offline
Just Getting Started

Hi, I don't know if it has the same colour scheme or same fairing or even if it was actually used on the island ! Hopefully the ACU will be able to help me with the tag number and then I'll be a able to identify race, rider and colour scheme.

Cheers

Gareth
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2020, 02:35 PM by Malcolm.)
14-11-2020, 01:54 PM
Find Reply