Pullyman: Is this the end of the TT ?
sculptor Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Pullyman: Is this the end of the TT ?
Good on you Pulleyman for a well written article which I'm sure will generate plenty of discussion. I too have been going to the TT for over 40 years (I'm not quite as old as you!) and have seen many ups and downs but I feel recent years have shown us that it's still, as Murray Walker said, "The greatest race in the world" . Some of the old viewing spots are now out of bounds and miscreants are no longer birched but the wonderful atmosphere is still obvious as soon as you step off the boat You say that you "wouldn't miss the pain or the tragedy", with which I'm sure everyone would concur but that has always been a part of the TT and whilst efforts are made to improve safety, be it the track or their equipment, people testing the boundaries of their own limits don't always know where the 'edge' is until they've gone beyond it. The policing is excellent and done with a spirit rarely seen elsewhere (Watch 'Police Brutality, Proper community policing at the Isle of Man TT.' on YouTube) which I'm sure will make you smile. Having attended quite a few MotoGPs at great cost over the years where the chance of getting within 100 metres of either the racing or the riders is impossible, the TT is a breath of fresh air, especially for the younger generation, where you can see the bikes and talk to the riders and mechanics For FREE. Covid has been an unprecedented 'hiccup' which will adversely affect many people's lives and leisure but hopefully I'll be across to buy you a pint in 2021. If I succumb in the meantime I hope my friends will take my ashes over and (wind and police allowing), gently spread them round the track
(This post was last modified: 15-11-2020, 08:22 PM by sculptor.)
15-11-2020, 08:11 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pullyman: Is this the end of the TT ? - by sculptor - 15-11-2020, 08:11 PM