Forés and Hickman make FHO Racing BMW debut at Portimao shakedown
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Forés and Hickman make FHO Racing BMW debut at Portimao shakedown
[Image: HIckyPortimaoTest.jpg]

Xavi Forés made his return to Bennetts British Superbike Championship action this week; joining new teammate Peter Hickman for the first shakedown test with FHO Racing BMW at Portimao ahead of the newly-formed team’s debut in the 2021 series.

The team utilised the time at the Portuguese circuit to have the final taste of track action in 2020, before testing reconvenes next year. The test marked the return of Spanish star Forés to the Championship after a season back on the world stage; working for the first time alongside new teammate Hickman as the pair tested with the BMW S 1000 RR model in preparation for when the all-new BMW M 1000 RR models get delivered ahead of the new campaign.

Forés said:

“We had a good test; this afternoon was really good especially as we had some more dry time so I was spinning some laps and working through a few things, but I did do some good stints and it was not big changes but it was positive.

“I really like the BMW and the feeling is so nice, so as soon as I get more time to work on the bike and set it up for my riding style it will be a strong package so I am really happy and really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, it will be a long winter for us with no action until next year, but I know I am in a proper team and with a good bike so I am feeling happy.”

Hickman said:

“I am quite happy after three days here at Portimao – one of the best circuits in the world, it is an awesome track! The weather hasn’t been that kind to us with rain but we have also managed to get dry laps on day one and three, although there were a few damp patches too to keep you sharp!

“Overall it has been a great test and to have Xavi in the team; I have known him for a while and now it is great to start working with him; he is a great guy and a fantastic rider, so his feedback has been really good. I think as a team we will work really well together in 2021 and now we can look forward to the next test which feels a long way away at the moment, but I am definitely looking forward to it.”

[Image: BSBlogo.jpg]

08-12-2020, 04:47 PM
Website Find Reply