BILLY MCCONNELL RETURNS FOR THIRD SEASON WITH RICH ENERGY OMG RACING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BILLY MCCONNELL RETURNS FOR THIRD SEASON WITH RICH ENERGY OMG RACING
[Image: McConnelwithOMG.jpg]

Billy McConnell will remain with RICH Energy OMG Racing for a third consecutive season as he returns to battle for the 2021 Pirelli National Superstock 1000 crown.

The 35-year-old Aussie returned to the top step in 2020, after an injury-plagued 2019 season hampered his progress in his first season with the team.

2020 saw some of ‘Bilby’s finest rides yet, including an outstanding last lap at Oulton Park race two which saw him gain three places and race one at Donington Park GP which saw him ride from the third row to claim his first win of the season.

The 2014 Supersport champion will compete in the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship for the fourth season, scoring podiums in every year.

Billy lines up alongside RICH Energy OMG Racing’s British Superbike line up of Kyle Ryde and Bradley Ray onboard the new BMW M1000RR as the team looks to continue building its reputation after a successful 2020.

Billy McConnell - #3, – RICH Energy OMG Racing

“I’m looking forward to continuing my journey with RICH Energy OMG Racing for the 2021 season and building on a positive 2020. The team is like a family, and the support they’ve always given me is something I never take for granted. They just let me enjoy my riding and we win and lose as a team.

My first season with the team was a difficult one with my illness and then injuries later in the season, but I think in 2020 I got to show that I was back to being my best at points. Rewarding the team with that first victory at Donington is an amazing memory for me, and to celebrate it with my crew chief Shannon, Daz and the rest of the team.

2021 looks really exciting with the new M1000RR, last year’s bike was a weapon in the stock class so the new bike looks like another step up and will let us challenge for the title. The championship gets more competitive every season, but I’m up for the battle and can’t wait for the challenge.

Thanks to Alan and Paul for all their support, my sponsors for backing me and all the fans for the support. It wasn’t the same without you all there this season and hopefully next season you’ll all be back to see me smoking the tyres at Thruxton!”

Paul Curran, Team Principal – RICH Energy OMG Racing

“It’s great to have Billy back with us again for a third season – he’s such a big character in the pitbox and lifts everyone with his enthusiasm. He’s produced some of our most memorable moments as a team and he’s one of the last to leave on an evening.

He’s got such an immense amount of bike control and gives fantastic feedback when we’re developing the bike. I think we’ve built a great team around him and he’s happy when he’s out there ringing the bike’s neck, which is what you want to see as a Team Principal.

In 2021 we’re looking to build another title-challenging bike and with the development Billy has made since his injuries in 2019 I’m sure this will be our best season yet.”

Alan Gardner, Team Owner – RICH Energy OMG Racing

“It’s great to have Billy with us for a third season, he’s well and truly part of the family at this point and I think we saw him getting back to his best last season.

Obviously 2019 was such a tough year for him, but the team all rallied around him and to see him back on the top step last season was a really special moment that I think everyone in the paddock enjoyed.

Billy is a phenomenal rider to watch and a fantastic ambassador for everything that OMG Racing was built on. I’m delighted that he’s staying with us in 2021 and I’m looking forward to see him battling for the title again this season.”

[Image: OMGLogo.jpg]

11-01-2021, 03:28 PM
Website Find Reply