Eddie Roberts appointed as the Riders Representative on the BSB Race Direction panel
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Eddie Roberts appointed as the Riders Representative on the BSB Race Direction panel
[Image: EddieRobertsHeadshot.jpg]

Bennetts British Superbike Championship organiser MSVR has appointed successful former International racer and well known member of the BSB paddock community Eddie Roberts as the Riders Representative on the BSB Race Direction panel.

The BSB Race Direction panel comprises four people: the MSVR Race Director, the MCRCB Delegate, the Judicial Clerk of the Course and the Riders Representative. They meet whenever required during events and are responsible in the first instance for disciplinary decisions, imposition of penalties and the adjudication of protests.

Roberts replaces former multiple British Champion Roger Marshall who is stepping down after an 11-year stint to take up a new role with the McAMS Yamaha team, including spearheading their new junior rider programme.

Roberts raced through the 1970s and 1980s, winning the Manx Grand Prix in 1974 and then progressed to World Championship Grand Prix racing in the 250, 350 and 500cc classes. An accident during practice for the 500cc Spanish Grand Prix at Jarama in 1978 ended the dream, which had up until that point, yielded some points-scoring results. A period in engineering followed, as well as a renaissance-racing programme, which netted an Irish 250cc short circuit title and podiums at the TT and NW200.  

He is perhaps most well-known for his association with Pirelli tyres which has spanned 30 years and latterly his Complog company has just concluded a 12-year period as the tyre logistics and service provider to BSB. Roberts was also recently a partner in the Mallory Park circuit operations business and was part of a successful project to resurrect racing at the famous Oliver's Mount circuit in Scarborough.  

Eddie Roberts said:

“I am really looking forward to this next challenge and chapter and contributing to the further development of the BSB Championship.”

Bennetts BSB Series Director Stuart Higgs said:

“Firstly I would like to thank Roger Marshall for his contribution and service on the BSB Race Direction panel and I wish him well in his new exciting role with Yamaha. I am delighted now to welcome Eddie Roberts on board. His considerable experience and knowledge will be a great asset to the Championship. He is extremely well-known to riders and teams alike and this relationship is critical for the smooth operation of events and application of sporting regulations.”

[Image: BSBlogo.jpg]

20-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Website Find Reply