Carrasco’s recovery steps up another gear with February testing programme
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Carrasco’s recovery steps up another gear with February testing programme
[Image: CarascoUpdate2.jpg]

Just weeks after undergoing surgery on a back injury, the 2018 WorldSSP300 Champion will be back on a motorbike for the first time since her Estoril crash

Returning to a motorbike for the first time since her testing crash at Estoril will be Ana Carrasco (Kawasaki Provec WorldSSP300) as her recovery continues to gather pace. Weeks after undergoing surgery ahead of schedule, Carrasco will take part in winter testing in February onboard her Kawasaki Ninja 400 as she looks to get back up to speed ahead of the 2021 FIM Supersport 300 World Championship season.

Carrasco missed out on the second half of the 2020 season after suffering fractured vertebrae in a crash at Estoril when she was testing in the middle of the season. A few weeks ago, it was revealed that the Murcia-born rider had surgery to remove fixings and support bars that were used to help aid her recovery; the surgery happening earlier than planned as she made good progress. Her recovery will step up another gear in February as she returns to the track for the first time since her accident.

The team have also announced a new sponsor for both Carrasco and Kawasaki Provec WorldSSP300 as Armure adds their support to the combination. Carrasco said: “This is a great week! The doctor told me I am fully recovered, and it's also great to have Armure on board, this new motorbike riders' gear has a very cool range. An ample collection for all riders is available, jackets, pants, gloves, boots, and I’ve seen some very innovative stuff coming soon. I am sure their support will help me in my fight for the Championship again.”

The 2021 WorldSSP300 season is due to start at the TT Circuit Assen across the weekend of the 23rd-25th April with a two-day Dorna-supported test scheduled for the end of March at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya; with WorldSSP300 machines joining WorldSSP bikes on track across the 29th and 30th March.

[Image: WSBlogo2019.jpg]

27-01-2021, 03:51 PM
Website Find Reply