Statement on behalf of the Aintree MCRC
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Statement on behalf of the Aintree MCRC
[Image: AintreeMCChdr.jpg]

Recently there has been a lot of activity on Facebook about the future of Motorcycle Racing at Aintree and the lack of communication from the Club.

Firstly, the Directors and Committee want to thank all of you for the continued support you obviously have for resuming racing at Aintree.

We were hoping that something could be resolved last year but then Covid-19 struck, the Jockey Club lost the Grand National and everything came to a halt at Aintree.

We have been active during this time getting quotes for the two main items necessary for us to get a new track certificate from the ACU. Namely, trackside protection and track surface repairs.

Someone has been doing their homework and posted on Facebook the same quote we received from the Awning Company for the Safeguard Barriers. If we were to replace all the bales with recticel barrier we would need 250 linear metres of cover at a cost of around £75k . We have been advised the ACU will allow us to continue using straw bales as in previous seasons with additional protection in the form of recticel barriers in the more critical areas which will keep the cost down.

The track repairs have been a subject of much debate and current quotes received by the circuit owners and the Liverpool Motor Club are well in excess of the safety barriers.

Even with generous support from yourselves it is unlikely we could meet these costs and still have money in the bank to fund a race meeting. We are now looking at different ways of meeting the ACU requirements and have certainly not given up hope of getting back to racing bikes at Aintree.

All these matters are at a delicate stage and not something we can discuss in public, so we hope you will bear with us for a little longer while we try to find a compromise solution.

Best wishes to you all.

Dave Edwards
AMCRC Chairman
February 2021

25-02-2021, 02:43 PM
Website Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Statement on behalf of the Aintree MCRC
I always loved Aintree - hopefully they can keep it going.
Warning Level 0% since 2006
26-02-2021, 02:54 AM
Find Reply
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
I've always enjoyed racing at Aintree, I really hope the 'issues' can be sorted.
26-02-2021, 07:32 PM
Find Reply
kilbil Offline

Threads: 13
Aintree is my local circuit besides Oulton. It has a thriving club scene that has encouraged and brought on many TT riders. The circuit is great for close spectating. I hope they can raise the nessasary funds.

Kilbil
26-02-2021, 08:52 PM
Find Reply