Knockhill beckons as FHO Racing BMW bid to strike in Scotland
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Knockhill beckons as FHO Racing BMW bid to strike in Scotland
[Image: FHOTeamPicKnockhill.jpg]

The FHO Racing BMW team head north of the border to Knockhill for this weekend’s second round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship as they bid to carry their podium-finishing momentum from the opening round to Scotland.

Peter Hickman arrives at round two feeling confident following the team’s impressive debut with the BMW M 1000 RR at Oulton Park, where together they claimed the first podium finish for the all-new model in the championship. Peter’s consistent performance across the three races means he sits third in the overall standings and he is determined to continue that form into this weekend.

Team mate Xavi Forés was sidelined from the opening event due to a very small fracture in to his right hand following a crash at Oulton Park. The Spanish contender since then has been working around the clock on his recovery to target a Knockhill return, which is the circuit where he claimed pole position and a podium finish on his debut visit in 2019.

Peter Hickman

“Of course I am looking forward to the weekend at Knockhill, especially as we go into the second round sitting in third place in the championship standings!

“We had a good test there earlier in the year and because it was a two-day test, I did a whole load of laps – we did well over a hundred laps! I feel like we have a good setting to start the weekend with there.

“We do have something new to try there as well which should be interesting, but we will start where we finished the test. At the test, we didn’t have any official times so nobody knows completely where everyone was at, so there is a lot of fun and games when it comes to talking times! However, I feel like I was in a really good place on the FHO Racing BMW, as I am more of a racer than a tester.

“The new BMW M 1000 RR is awesome, the team are working so hard too and I can’t wait to get started.”

Xavi Forés

“It has been busy for me doing everything I can to be ready for these next races. Knockhill is an event I have been waiting for because it is the circuit where I got my first pole position in BSB and I also was on the podium there in 2019, so I have good memories from the circuit.

“Hopefully I can be strong there and my injury is much better. I think the weather will always play a part too, but that is the same for everybody. We had a good test there pre-season and the BMW M 1000 RR already felt good so we need to see how the weekend goes. But I know I want to be back and fighting for the podium in all three races for sure.”

Brian McCormack

“I am looking forward to Knockhill, it is a bit of a new one for me as I have only ever been there for the two day test we did recently but we learnt a lot. We have also made improvements with the BMW since then and I am fully concentrated on Knockhill now.

“The team have been brilliant so far and I am always learning, but I need to step up again this weekend. The Roadhouse Macau by FHO Racing BMW is a brilliant bike, Knockhill is a quirky little track with a lot of secrets, there is no room for error but I am ready for the next challenge.”

Alex Olsen

“I am feeling good about getting to Knockhill – it is going to be a busy weekend for sure! We had a good test there pre-season and hopefully that means we can be on the pace straightaway. I am looking forward to progressing a bit more now that we have a race under our belt as I would really like to be moving up the order in the championship and fighting for the podium.”

Faye Ho, Team Owner

“We had a fantastic start to the season at the opening round but of course now we want to have more of the same at Knockhill! The team have tested at the circuit pre-season, so it won’t be a complete unknown going into the weekend, which is a big positive for everyone.

“We can combine that knowledge from the test with what we learnt from Oulton Park and hopefully we can be fighting for the podium again, and I know Alex will be pushing for the same in the Superstock race too.

“Xavi has been working hard on his recovery after his injury from Oulton Park and it will be great to have him back with the team this weekend, I am looking forward to us being back to full strength.”

[Image: FHORacingLogo.jpg]

09-07-2021, 12:16 PM
Website Find Reply